4 days away!!!!

impur

Those are the avg scores, Auburn won 51% vs 48% of the time for Oregon

The EA simulation has Oregon winning 45-41

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5942552/oregon-tops-auburn-bcs-national-championship-sim

3 more days!!!!!

Yeah but it feels like I am 12 years old waiting for christmas morning to arrive...lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am counting the hours! Wanna see our spread offense come through with completions.

I think that D. Paulsen will get alot of small completions in the middle. He could end up with 8-12 catches for about 80-90 yds. Since I believe Auburn is going to cheat to the outside to help cover all our speed on the edges!

Just to ease your minds a little over the cam thing. Everyone says there isn't a QB like him anywhere(true) and he is bigger than anyone out there. Looking at stats, I found Nick Foals is 1" shorter and 10 lbs less. That seems like a pretty good fit for size if you ask me. I realize he isn't close to cam in style but he is good and this helped ease my mind a little about them facing such a big QB. I already thought they would win but this just helps it even more knowing that they have in fact seen this size QB before...

Cam Nick

6'6 6'5

250 240

They got an Ap for just about anything! I dont have an iphone...yet.

I wish I could get home sooner, but I got to catch up on work since I had Friday off and I have to give notice to my sitter today.

Guess i'll just tune it in on 95.5 and use my imagination for the first quarter. :)

I really don't mind if the refs let them play and not call everything.

But you can't slap players in the head or pull on the helmet to tackle them and Auburn did it repeatly to DT and LaMichael.

And Oregon stopped/slowed Newton- compare his numbers to his game averages- he didn't have a "normal" game. And was showing he took some punishment.

The Ducks never caught a break! Which led to a score or a continued drive, Auburn did.

Oh I agree Michael, Auburn played dirty and they got called for it a few times. The Ducks had their chances it just didn't fall their way. It started with failure to score a TD with 4th and goal in their first drive, the interception in the red zone, then the safety when they had stopped Auburn on the goal line and then the failure to convert 4th and goal . Both Auburn and the Ducks had good defenses and the Ducks really had to be perfect and make the most of every opportunity which unfortunately did not happen. I hate that the game was decided on that lame running play at the end where the player was not called down.

I still think Auburn probably would have marched down the field and scored to win as they had been moving the ball pretty well. I was afraid of that when the Ducks tied it up and there was still over 2 minutes left. They were both good football teams. All I can say is I do believe the 2 best football teams were actually in the BCS title game (which doesn't always happen as everyone knows )and it was a hard fought battle. I can't say the same for my Aggies who got their butts handed to them in their bowl game. With that Auburn defense (I didn't know big guys could move like that), Oregon needed to get points every time they had a chance in the red zone and sadly that didn't happen.

Bummer.... their appears to be a dark cloud of disappointment hanging over Oregon right now but I'm still proud of how far the Ducks have come.

Auburn only had 3 drives the entire 2nd half that went past the Ducks 40. One they got 3 pts, one they got stopped on 4th down at the 1, and then that last drive which would have kept them out of field goal range had he been tackled. Gotta play to the whistle.

The Ducks had 3 chances to score in this game and all 3 came up with a combined 0 pts. Kick 1 FG and the game is changed.

The most telling thing to me was the play calling in the 1st quarter. Chip gave up running the ball even before the game started, he just handed that part of our game to Auburn. Then when he realized maybe we can run against them, its 5min into the 3rd quarter and too late to establish that part of your game. Got out coached a 2nd year in a row......

But it was an entertaining game. The Ducks completely shut down Cam, just had too many mistakes to overcome.