BEHOLD!!!! BeerHold!!!

impur

I picked up a small kegging kit for my homebrew. It came with 2 corny kegs, a dual gauge dual body regulator, and all the fittings and hoses. I already have a co2 tank that i don't use for my reef, so that is now in good use for my beer! I also picked up a 4.5cu/ft mini fridge from Walmart, got it home and destroyed most of it. I bent the cooling lines, which consist of the freezer at the top, down and flattened it out so it now sits against the back of the fridge. My co2 tank sits nicely on the step at the back of the fridge, and the 2 corny kegs fit in there just perfect. I had to rip out all the shelves and take the inside panel of the door completely off as well as cut down some of the insulation foam.

Here she is in all her beauty!!!

7d7abae4.jpg

e87b5b9d.jpg

I have 3 brews and 2 apfelweins in fermentation vessels. So i went to work and cleaned/sanitized both kegs. I had taken 2 of the brews outside to aid in cold crashing, so brought those inside and siphoned the 2 brews into each corny. I wanted to drink these that night, so I put both kegs on 30psi, set them on their sides with the co2 inlet down, and started shaking back and forth to get the gas into the liquid. About 10min later I lowered the pressure to 10psi, put them both in the fridge and let em sit for an hour. After that they were great to drink!!!!

I love it, can't wait to get home tonight and pour myself a nice glass of home brewed American Pale Ale.

:D

That's a cool setup!

I see that you still like the apfelwein a lot ;)

I like the apfelwein better in the summer, and it sure gave me a couple of bad hangovers! But every female who comes over loves it, and its so easy to make i just keep a bunch in bottles as well as fermenting (laugh)

Awesome Impur! I was wondering if you could do that with one of those fridges. I didnt want to buy one then find out I couldnt fit the kegs inside. Now I know.

My wife bought me a brewing kit for Christmas, so me and my brother in law brewed up our first batch on New Year's eve. Looking forward to the next recipe. Should have done this along time ago, but already have way too many hobbies.

This female likes the apfelwein! Party at Impurs to celebrate the Duck's winning the National Championship and for both of us to forget how sucky our Nfl teams did this year!

Remember the end of the world is supposed to happen so celebrate while you can or in your case before that new bundle of joy arrives!

Nate thats cool!!! What did you brew? I'm still working on fermenting temps, the last 2 extract brews i did must have either fermented too high, or i pitched the yeast too soon before the wort cooled. Got some ester flavors in there that i just don't like. I think the winter is the perfect time to brew since its so much easier to control temps.

Kim - for sure!!! We can play catch with my 49ers ball :D I sure hope the Ducks can pull it out, and don't worry i'm in full party mode until 8/14/11 (laugh)

Robert - still need to get time for you to come over and check my tanks out. It was too early over the weekend (laugh)