Use Reef Gloves?

moovinfast

I have never been stung at all. my brother got stung by a hammer. I wear them because I have noticed that when I frag and work it my tank the corals do not get hurt. I work on cars every so often also. So for me it is to keep my tank and coral clean. try and keep the oils and other things off the corals when I touch them. I know people say wash your hands. I do but when you work on cars it is hard to get it all out of your finger nails and everything.

I don't usally use gloves unless I plan on handling a bunch of seasoned live rock so I do keep a box of rubber gloves around but they usally rip. The sharp edges on liverock added with all the bacteria most of the time leads to a swollen finger or two. I have heard and seen the results of Zoa fragging without gloves though, so i'd reommend that for sure.

I wear gloves most of the time while working on the tank. Mostly because I am an Auto mechanic by trade, and figure it is not good when you can see oil coming off my hands. Even after washing them. I almost always have open cuts on my hands as well. I have touched some corals though with bare hands and have never been stung.