Potter's Wrasse

titus'reef

Yes I do. Brad (reefnjunkie) also successfully keeps one. I went through 4 of them before I got one to live. The are heavy pod eaters and require sand 2" minimum sand bed. I have a few inches of sand in a little plastic box he goes into and burys to the bottom every night. I feed frozen arctipods.

it took nearly 2 weeks for it to eat. i tried cyclopeze, frozen brine, mysis and the only thing i could get him to eat was live pods. try getting a bottle of tigger pods to start getting him used to eating in the tank, then slowly switch over to arctipods, mine would test them out but spit them back out. if you have other fish that eat them it will help stimulate it to eat as well.

I had placed mine in a 20 gallon that had no other fish in it-call it a Q/T I guess, although it was primarily my frag tank.

After about a week or two it was eating frozen brine, I waited another 2-3 weeks before introducing him into the main tank, I wanted to be sure this one lived

It now eats whatever I throw in the tank.

I went the Q/T route sine the 1st Leopard wrasse died, and then a Potters wrasse kicked the bucket-It could have been that this one was part of the fish buy from one of our sponsors (Aloha Corals) so I was able to skip all the "middle men". Sadly they have a high mortality rate which I assume is the difficulty in getting them eating.

Good luck with yours, the fact that it's pecking at the rocks is a good sign

I also have one of these fish. I never saw my fish for almost 2 weeks and figured it was a goner. Mine would only come out for a couple of hours a day and it was usually when i wasn't home. So i had my daughter feed the tank frozen cyclopeze. After a week or so of eating the frozen cyclopeze it took to eating the mysis shrimp and brine shrimp, now it eats everything i put in my tank. It would seem that we all have a different story about our potters wrasse and how they ate in the beginning. I agree it is a good sign that yours is picking at the rocks this means that it is hungry and look to eat food. By the way it took me 4 fish before one lived. Good luck!!