Engineer Goby

Gill

I have had this guy for about a year. He has almost full adult coloration. There is ick in my tank I know this because there is a couple of spots on my blue hippo tang. The goby has no spots, but I cant be sure because he does live in a burrow LOL. Plus ick usually lives in the gills were it can not be seen, this is why you should QT all your fish unlike me LOL. My reason for selling is that with the more aggressive damsels in my tank I don't think he/she is getting enough to eat. Still has a great appetite but before the goby would come out of the burrow to eat and now he gets chased back inside (sad) I was hoping to get $10 OBO or trade. Would consider giving him away to the right home.

This pick is older but his pattern has only gotten better. Oh wow he has changed a lot, I think I will have to take some new pics as these do not do him justice.

DSC_2498.jpgDSC_2496.jpg

if u wait to feed him after lights out he would be fine. mine is almost a full adult and contends with quite a few fish and i make sure to feed everyone first then put a little extra down where he is. they are a cool fish minus how they dig the sand out and bury everything. lol

With school and work and family I don't have as much time for the tank lately. Some days I just throw in a couple cubes of frozen and don't even watch them eat.

Engineer goby is actually in the blenny family. I really doubt they will pair.

Actually it is neither in the goby or blenny family although it is sometimes called the engineer goby or convict blenny. They do not pair with pistol shrimp. They actually make there own burrows by moving sand in there mouth.

• 2 weeks later...
If you can catch him, I would trade for something that you want in my tank. I have a QT tank that I can set up for a while to keep him happy while he de-icks.

dsoz

Cool he is yours (clap). I am happy he will be getting a better home. He and the damsel get along now (scratch) The damsel moved into his burrow. At first I thought he must have been killed, but then I saw his head poke out and they were just hanging out together (scratch). Fish crack me up sometimes. I still want to re home him though because he still doesn't come out at feeding Time.