Baby Onyx Clowns?

Kimberlee

update The first thing I did when I woke up, was locate the clowns in the tank. Both are accounted for, and seem to be doing fine. I was so excited when they came I wanted to put them in the DT right away, but I waited, they were so small. Having them in now though is kinda like x-mass. I'm hoping they'll grow a little faster in a bigger tank. I'm also hoping they'll host my BTA. It's not guaranteed so wish me luck

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the markings and size I would say that they are still very young. 4 months ish... You are looking at probably a 2 year maturation time for the onyx coloration to fill in. Unfortunately the true percs and maroons are probably the 2 slowest growers and developers but glad to see you are happy with them :)

Based on the markings and size I would say that they are still very young. 4 months ish... You are looking at probably a 2 year maturation time for the onyx coloration to fill in. Unfortunately the true percs and maroons are probably the 2 slowest growers and developers but glad to see you are happy with them :)

Thx, for the age estimate, that's about right I think. I knew how long I'd be waiting before I got them. They are coloring in though. And they are so cute now, I'm completely in love w/ them. One has settled in to my BTA, and here's a better pic, being the proud parent and all I can't resist posting pics

014-1.jpg

010-2.jpg