Did I do something stupid?

BADBaxter

Well...

I bought a beautiful Niger Trigger at the meeting... but...

I recently put in 58 Nassarius snails... a bunch of regular snails and 5 emerald crabs...

I also have 6 peperment shrimp, a cleaner shrimp and a coral bandit shrimp ( which is on the way out!) Will this fish eat my snails and shrimp? clown gobies?

Do I have to feed it 3 times a day? I only feed once a day since most of my fish are herbivores. They really keep the tank clean.

If I feed three times a day will it (maybe) not kill my cleaner crew?

Thanks in advance

Niger is one of the triggerfish that are safe in a reef. Sometimes you will end up with one that is just an a$$h0l& and theere is nothing to be done(there is one in every crowd) As for eating the cleaners, it is unnatural for these fellas to eat snails(as they are specialized plankton feeders) and many fish will not harm the cleaner shrimp as they recognize the "pattern" on their backs. However; as I said before, it is a crapshoot(any time you add anything) OK, so it is a gamble. Either you can light $25 on fire and watch it burn for the fun of it, or you can take a chance on a cool fish and hope for the best. Thanks for takin' yer chances. R2R2

He is VERY cool...Really glows under actinics. Those little red teeth... no.. they are fangs!

It was like buying a new car and getting buyers remorse that night... You know...

The book that I have states that they eat ornamental crabs and snails...

Ryan.. I tend to believe you!

Thanks again...

ive had multiple triggers i had 2 nigers and huma by far the huma was very peaceful it would come up to you wanting to be touched and was always friendly to other critters the niger though was more of a meany for both fish would really bug all shrimp and small fish i myself would not put a niger in my reef maybe a huma though