Shark tank Build (temp housing for hatching)

CA2OR

So what do people do with the sharks when they can't keep them? Seems like it would be EXTREMELY hard to find a new home for them.

it is....everyone gets the same idea....."I will just donate it somewhere" problem is....everyone has already done that. Then the other idea is "I will just release it to the wild" which translates to "I will just kill it"....us....we are keeping it till the end. I will keep setting up larger environments for them to live in....if I have to we will use a pool. But that is far...far away. The only way we will get to needing that size is if we go with the black tip.....well.....I guess even if we get the bonnet we will be facing that future.

Most likely we are done with coral. I can honestly say I don't care if I never had another piece of coral in my tank. Of course if at all possible I would love to set up a coral wall in a LARGE system to have corals, anemone's, and so on....but that is purely an after thought. I would only do so to add a backdrop so to speak.(clap)

I am in the grow outs....and might join more....but they will all be done with the same goal. The corals I have being grown in various places have the same destiny as well. I MIGHT set up a small tank to have some zoa's in but ATM it isn't worth the effort.

What's funny.....I have never been happier with my tank after getting all that coral out. I find it rather funny that a lot of people consider fish only tanks as boring....when in all actuality it is quite the opposite. Coral doesn't move....doesn't do anything entertaining other than sit and grow at a pace that often times is hard to notice. In my opinion, now at least, is coral is great to be added to a tank that has a bunch of life already.

If I didnt think I could commit to keeping them happy and healthy long term I wouldn't have done this. It really pisses me off when people do that kinda crape <-silent "e"....it's like people who have tons of cats or dogs and don't take care of any of them....but keep getting more.

lol.....never thought of the Costco pools....good idea. Will look into that. I was thinking before of doing a pond or pool style set up with the sump above the "tank".....so I would pump up to the sump from the pool/pond and have a float valve up there....when water level hits set amount it would dump back down.....like a tide pool. It would actually be pretty cheap to build.

nothing really has changed. Snowpunk built the stand but hasn't delivered it....I did pick up the UV sterilizer and my make shift reactor....I will snap some pic's on wed of what all has gone down thus far.

I can update though....we cut all the closed loop plumbing off the back. Also cut the plumbing out of the sides of the overflows so we can cap or seal those holes. The closed loop holes on the back are getting bulkheads installed and capped for possible future use. Got the sand from Rick....thank you again....and am getting the return pump tomorrow. In addition I have another pump that I was going to use for the CL but might just end up CL'ing it along with the rest of my corals.

On time I saw a show whare the couple put in a cement pond, it was quite big, then next to it they dug a wine cellar with a big viewing window with a table in front of it so they could sip some wine and watch there fish. It was so freaken nice!! The cellar looked like a castel inside, with the rock work and all, was only about 100 SF

On time I saw a show whare the couple put in a cement pond' date=' it was quite big, then next to it they dug a wine cellar with a big viewing window with a table in front of it so they could sip some wine and watch there fish. It was so freaken nice!! The cellar looked like a castel inside, with the rock work and all, was only about 100 SF[/quote']

I thought about doing something like this if I ever built a house. I'd put it in a basement type of area that wasn't necessarily viewable to everyone right away.