Shark tank Build (temp housing for hatching)

CA2OR

Well I picked up a tank today....was oddly a very drawn out process with plenty speed bumps. But I had some great offers from members on here and found some others on CL which made this experience entertaining if nothing else. So, I am starting with the temporary housing tank. This tank is going to be purely for the hatching of the egg (s) and initial few months of learning feeding habits, likes and dislikes, as well as starting to understand the impacts on the water quality....they will be here until my tank is completed. Building should start fairly soon. We still have to decide if we are going with the 8x6x30in or the 6x4x30in....(scratch).....

Anyway, pic's to come soon but I wanted to get this thread started so I can document as much as possible to reflect on as well as get advice or pointers along the way. I have always appreciated the experience of those here and their insight so I am hoping this really helps.

What I need now:

Sand....lots of it...and very fine at that....thinking 150 to 200lbs could probably get away with 100lbs as I already have 60 or so in my tank that I will be moving over as "seed" sand....should be good seeding

Salt Water....approximately 200 gallons or so....

Feel free to speak up if you have any leads or happen to have anything on this list or future lists.

Wish me luck(scary)

Yeah personally if I was ever to do a shark tank I would want a longer 6ft+ tank.

All depends on shark....front and back movement is just as important as left to right. For instance smoothhound or dwarf hammer will be very unhappy in a 6ft tank....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Your tank should be no less than 20ft long to humanely keep a shark. Of course the quality of the sharks life isn't usually what people are thinking about when they get them (sad)

If we are going that route then let's get real....sharks have no HUMANE place in ANY aquarium....only thing fair is to leave em in the increasingly poluted ocean.

Thanks BP:(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk