Ro water?

dee77

if you have sharks, i imaging you would want to take the best care possible to insure premium water quality. however, i think that you can get away with using tho RO dirty water in a FOWLR tank, or a hardy fish tank. there a lot of liberatchi's around town who dont use any stuff, just the tap water, so i bet you would be fine. ask the dude at hollywood ( kinda a dick though) or CA2OR. they both swear by it

if you have sharks' date=' i imaging you would want to take the best care possible to insure premium water quality. however, i think that you can get away with using tho RO dirty water in a FOWLR tank, or a hardy fish tank. there a lot of liberatchi's around town who dont use any stuff, just the tap water, so i bet you would be fine. ask the dude at hollywood ( kinda a dick though) or CA2OR. they both swear by it[/quote']

I used the run off water so i could get it filled up in one night and not 3 weeks lol so I will see how it works I won't have the sharks for a while just got my filter started and will work on the skimmer tomorrow

to be perfectly honest, i have no clue about the hardiness of sharks. although imagine that they are going to be stressed no matter what you do. i say this because a fish that size travels a large distance, and IMO it doenst matter how big a tank you get, it will still be a stress factor on the fish. if the tank is opaque this might actually help though. once again, just guesses. so i suppose my point is that the better the water quality, the less stress on an already stressed fish. however they obviously have been successfully kept in aquariums by a lot of people, so you probably will do a fine job if you know what you are doing. (imo i think you do)

GOOD LUCK

Is there a reason it needed to be filled in one night. I can make about 50 gallons a day which would have taken a week or so to fill a 350 gallon tank.

Basically you ran the water through the RO/DI unit which cleaned out the garbage and then you put it right back. (Defeated the whole purpose of the filter) You could have done the same thing by simply hooking a hose up to the faucet and it would have been a lot faster.

You got to ask yourself, am i going to kill myself when everything dies because i was hasty and decided to not go by the book?, now i got to start all over from the beginning. There's a reason why we do things in this hobby. In CA2OR's famous words, "In Reefing, Nothing good ever happens fast." JMHO.

As stated above, why did you bother filtering the water just to put what was filtered back into the tank? It is called waste water because that is what it is..... waste. I know some have said that using tap water works just fine. I prefer to be safe rather take unneeded risk with tank, livestock, and my sanity......

Also I return my water back to nature so it can be recycled starting with my lawn. My lawn has never been greener! Hope it works out. Good luck.

Noob question. How can you check the tds of salt water? Aren't you adding additional tds when your mix your salt

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

this thread is actually about RO water, but his question was about general water quality, my reply includes more than just saltwater. sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's why I asked wasnt sure. I'm guessing I was the only one that was confused...lol

this thread is actually about RO water' date=' but his question was about general water quality, my reply includes more than just saltwater. sorry for the misunderstanding.[/quote']

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk