Safe to get Wrasse?

lucid

So i lost 2 clownfish about a week and a half ago due to what i believe was ich or brookynella. Since then, did a 30% water change, and have been dosing with marine max which i didnt have before. I have been dosing every other due following the "unsafe" water conditions instructions. Also, got a UV Sterilizer i will be plugging in today in the sump. Do you think it's safe to add a Melanarus Wrasse now? Also added two skunk cleaner shrimp the same day the clowns died and they seem to be doing great.

Cleaner shrimp are not going to be succeptable to the same diseases as the fish. What other fish do you have (if any)? How are they doing? I'm not certain however I think the life cycle on these diseases is 6 weeks or so to be sure it is gone. I personally would wait at least that long to add any new fish.

we had a simular experience as you and we left the tank fish free for over 5 to 6 weeks. we added the uv too. be paitent...give it time and then go crazy.. after our experience, i always ask how long the fish has been in the store and if it is eating.. the only one i did not was a hippo tang and it got ick.. started using the uv more aggresivly again and 3 to 4 days no sign of ick...be patient is my suggestion

Leave the tank fallow (fish less) for 6 weeks while continuing weekly water changes.

Purchase a quarantine tank, unless your planning on having bigger fish a 10G will work fine. Quarantine tanks are your best friend and in the end they'll save you a lot of money and heartache.

Just be warned, If you plan on target feeding any LPS, wrasses are smart little SOB's, I honestly wish I had never gotten one, I personally like to target feed most of LPS's, and I have to fend him off, thats even AFTER his belly is boated with food, they are sly, evil fish...at first I thought they where cool, but I like my LPS much more...SO be warned they can steal food from your corals...