Just Re-Scaped my tank today...

XrayGuy

I am kind of new to saltwater and my tank is only about 3 months old, so please excuse the lack of lots of corals. I needed to catch a couple of damsels to trade them to my LFS and decided that I might as well re-scape my tank at the same time. I was wanting to make it look a little more like a mountain/hill tapering down and also I wanted to make it so that there was no rock within 1.5" of my glass on the front and right side so I can keep it clean better. I also relocated the powerhead on the right side to the back. I moved the zoa frags off the sand b/c my dragon goby kept crop dusting them with sand, and my kenya tree I moved to the corner by the flower pot. What do you think?

OLD scape

IMG_9775.jpg

NEW scape

IMG_9865.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9867.jpg

Reefnjunkie is know to speak and or type his mind. Looks good man' date=' once you get coral growing on that thing it will look killer.[/quote']

Listen brown noser-:eek:-(laugh)

I did not say I dont like it, I said I liked the first one better. I just say what I think and some prefer the fluffy feel good repies. Its only one persons opinion-;)

Oh and for the record Reefit is the one of the kidest people on this forum, and I can say has never type a line in any thread that was contraversial on offensive, his glass is always half full and the sun always shines over his house-

I wont even point out the typo you made-:p

oh wait its to late

Back to topic

Thank you everyone for their input. I really did like the caves in the original as well, but the thing really wasnt that sturdy and I felt like I had more limited places to add frags to, especially stuff that needs to go on the sand bed. My sand bed is at least double the open space as before and I think the fish have more open space for swimming, plus the "mountain" has quite a few caves from the way I positioned the rocks too. I will probably end up wanting to change it in another couple months anyways, so I will just leave it for now lol. I kind of get the feeling that with reefing, a tanks scape is never permanently done

:D

Listen brown noser-:eek:-(laugh)

I did not say I dont like it, I said I liked the first one better. I just say what I think and some prefer the fluffy feel good repies. Its only one persons opinion-;)

Oh and for the record Reefit is the one of the kidest people on this forum, and I can say has never type a line in any thread that was contraversial on offensive, his glass is always half full and the sun always shines over his house-

I wont even point out the typo you made-:p

oh wait its to late

Back to topic

what does "most kidest" mean. BTW I'm typing on a cell with auto correction. It sucks donkey balls and changes all the words. So there.

what does "most kidest" mean. BTW I'm typing on a cell with auto correction. It sucks donkey balls and changes all the words. So there.

It was my sense of humor-It means you are a kid at heart, or a typo.

As far as keeping the rocks sturdy I use the epoxy by two little fishes, its purple so it blends in well with coraline.

Down side is that it makes things pretty permanent but allows you to be very creative with how you want things.

May tank is so stuffed, I find myself gluing ledges and "branchs all over the place to attach corals. I find a piece of live rock and attach it in a way that I can add a frag or 5 where there was never a place to put it before.

I have changed my rock work many times.

Not to be mistaken, it does look good and having the slope will allow for placing corals that prefer less light

we can get or resident poll poster to start a poll on the look-(laugh)

It was my sense of humor-It means you are a kid at heart, or a typo.

As far as keeping the rocks sturdy I use the epoxy by two little fishes, its purple so it blends in well with coraline.

Down side is that it makes things pretty permanent but allows you to be very creative with how you want things.

May tank is so stuffed, I find myself gluing ledges and "branchs all over the place to attach corals. I find a piece of live rock and attach it in a way that I can add a frag or 5 where there was never a place to put it before.

I have changed my rock work many times.

Not to be mistaken, it does look good and having the slope will allow for placing corals that prefer less light

we can get or resident poll poster to start a poll on the look-(laugh)

do I dare point out the misspelled words? LOL

I like it! I like the way the rock is so close to the surface, yet you still have a lot of sandbed and lower ledges. I was never able to get that in my 55. I have always thought the 55 was the hardest tank to aquascape, so narrow for the hight. Looks good, keep the pics comming.

Gabe