CORAL KILLERS

Gill

Honestly gill' date=' there's a very good chance the corals were already dieing, and they were just cleaning up the mess LOL[/quote']

Good call, the corals were doing terribly I really need to change my bulbs. I was going to give the frog spawn away because it was looking so bad. They were defiantly speeding up the process though like x10 Maybe it should just be a short time out in the sump????

I am worried they may have gotten a taste for polyps they were really mowing down on the frog spawn even on the heads that looked fine the day before. The pagoda cup had a dead spot for quite some time and then as soon as they start eating half the face is gone overnight.

That's what I'd do' date=' just throw em in the sump, they can't hurt anything down there, an they can still do the job they're intended to do LOL.[/quote']

Ya they went in the sump right away. I had to pull them off the frog spawn. I put them in the container to get some pics so I can find them a fish only home. Seems a pity to have such nice looking hermits in a sump. This Halloween hermit should be in a tank were someone can see appreciate him.

i've never had problems with hermits eating corals and i have 100's of them. they crawl over and on top of my corals all the time' date=' but they never eat them.[/quote']

I have had bad luck with hermits. My last batch all went back to the LFS because they figured out that they could force my anemones to regurgitate a taste treat by agitating them (flame)

Hermit crab doesn't harm corals' date=' they may knock it down. It's a pretty good chance the coral itself is beginning to die.[/quote']

hmmm... These guys may not harm corals but I am pretty sure there are coral eating species of hermit crabs.