My DIY 25g Rimless display.

SquidHC

Well, thanks to my beautiful wifes support, I decided I'd build a new system after a few years out of the hobby. I figured I'd share my progress. I had a 20t bowfront, but it didn't suite my tastes, so I decided to go ahead and build my own tank.

The goods.

DSC07101.jpg

I had a bookshelf I was going to use as a stand after some modification. This put me in a spot, because the central divider would require me to have two small sumps, instead of one large one. I achieved this by drilling a hole in the divider and connecting the two sumps with a 2 1/2" bulkhead.

Sumps completed, and water tested. No leaks! 13x13x10.5", made out of 3/8 acrylic.

DSC06716.jpg

I wanted a rimless tank, but know that acrylic isn't exactly the best material to make a rimless tank out of. I contacted a few local tank builders and they said I should be safe using 1/2" cell cast material. The tank itself is 25x15x12.5". I don't see any bowing yet.

Building the tank.

DSC07103.jpg

Gluing the bottom.

DSC07104.jpg

Routing the overflow baffles.

DSC07106.jpg

The finished project.

DSC07107.jpg

Pretty clear seams for a noob right?!

DSC07110.jpg

The overflow plumbing in place.

DSC07113.jpg

Everything where it goes.

DSC07114.jpg

FTS

DSC07672.jpg

The first frags going in.

DSC07776.jpg

Already not real happy with the sump/stand situation. Considering some diferent options. I need more clearance, and I don't like the two seperate sumps. No room for a skimmer, so on. Just trying to decide if I should spend the money to fix this, or just be happy with it now and save for a bigger tank.