Over flow gurgle

Gill

So my new pump is awsome!!! There is actually more than a trickle making it into the sump. (clap)(clap)(clap) Now I have this gurgle coming from the over flow. The over flow is just a simple 1'' drilled hole fitted with a bulk head. Is there anyway to lessen the gurgle???

I bought the tank pre plumbed and was told by many to re-plumb it before I set it up but of course I didnt listen (nutty)

http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/HGB_construction.html

Some one here gave me this link. I made one, it improved it a bit, but I never got it tuned right.

This was probably me. I use this and it is dead silent. But mine is draining directly down so it may not stay 100% silent if you have to 90 it. Worth a try though it is a great little mod...

If you don't have an overflow box then don't put any kind of silencer on it. They all work by adjusting the amount of air allowed in which in turn adjust the water flow. Without an overflow box it's going to raise your water level which increases the risk of flooding if the power goes out. I think I would drain enough water to add an overflow box and then work on silencing it. If you do that though I think I would go ahead and drill a second hole for a backup drain and then set up a herbie style.