40b Frag tank Build

BrianB

• 2 weeks later...

SWEET!!!:eek: Looks Awsome!!! Your setup is almost identical to what I had invisioned for my 40b...HOB overflow in the middle with two returns on each side...How hard was it getting the overflow running? I would love to check out your system when its fully opperational, as I will be doing the same exact setup pretty much....I bought a SQWID wavemaker to place pretty much where you have the T on your return...so that it goes from one return to the other...The whole sump thing is pretty new to me...I am really liking how you have done yours...I will be following your build closely(clap)

Getting the overflow running was easy, just a small 12" piece of airline tubing placed in the middle of the tube and suck a little and turn the pump on when it starts draining. I made it quiet by using blue filter floss so the water hits that on the way down. I may end up using a SQWID eventually. I would have drilled but the sump and overflow came with a 125 I bought. So I decided to put it to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Got more done today but kinda screwed myself, I ran out of salt and didn't realize it so I have to wait till after work tommorow to get some more. I also got a DIY reflector but the previous owner didn't take the plastic coating off so it on there pretty good and will probally have to get a new pendant. But here are some pics of today's progress.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9026&d=1286156491

attachment.php?attachmentid=9027&d=1286156497

attachment.php?attachmentid=9028&d=1286156501

post-6361-141867757288_thumb.jpg

post-6361-141867757292_thumb.jpg

post-6361-141867757295_thumb.jpg

I you do sand there then I would do a deep sand bed. 6 or 8 inches worth. Otherwise I think I would just use live rock. I have a really deep sand bed in my sump (10 inches or more) but I also don't have any live rock in it. (If I had another 50 lbs. of live rock I would put that in instead)