Visited some stores.

cyberboy

In the last couple days I have been able to visit a couple stores out here and wanted to share my experiences. It started off bad, forgot my wallet at home and was a long way away when we realized it, I did have $50 in my pocket though so we knew it wouldn't be a dry run.

Upscales, nice selection of corals, decent selection of fish and equipment. Beautiful display. Didn't buy anything but I will be returning.

World of Wet Pets, not impressed, very small selection of corals and even smaller selection of fish. The guy kept acting like he was all knowing and I was stupid. Will not return.

Rose City, decent selection of fish and corals, odd selection of equipment. Not overly impressed with store, felt kinda unorganized. Again didn't buy anything but to be fair my wife was hungry and I was rushed. I will return.

Saltwater Fantasies, nice selection of fish, decent selection of coral and equipment. Was not impressed, didn't even get acknowledged while in store and felt ackward. Will not return.

Seahorse, has fish and coral, didn't notice equipment but they do have a water spicket outside which was unique. I don't know if anyone that was in there worked there, just looked like all customers and I was never approched. Will not return.

My wife was rather burned out after the last two stores and only wanted to stop at one more place so we decided to go by CA2OR's. Great guy, very funny, had a nice selection of zoanthids and they were everywhere. I still don't know if I saw them all. The LED test tank looks great. Those LED's really make the color pop, I plan on following that thread and I am now considering LED's. Dexter really does like that little tank and he loves that eel.

So he made me a "pack" and I can honestly say that I feel like I took advantage of him. I had to ask for a list of what all I got because I knew I wouldn't remember. For my $50 I got 10 ding dangs, 10 unknown from Australlia, 5 Mohawks, 10 radioactive dragon eyes, 10 devils eye, 5 eye of ra, 5 fruit loops, 5 devils armor, about 20 tubbs blues, 5 orangesomethingorothers, 6 lakers and one absolutely gorgeous blue hornet. On top of all of this, my wife made a comment about gas on the way out to the car and he gave us $10 back for gas money. CA2OR you saved the day. From my experiences I have to say it is members like this that make clubs and this hobby in general worth while. I know a few of you don't agree, maybe even most of you, but I don't meet people like this very often.

Overall we had a good time. Didn't make Westside Aquariums but I will be hopefully visiting more stores in the next week. I hope I don't piss anyone off. I don't know if I will make the meeting but I hope to see all of your tanks someday.

Until then God Bless.

Thank you' date=' I guess I should spend time getting familiar with this site[/quote']

LOL, and here I thought you must have been lurking for ages since you knew so much background about the people here!

Welcome aboard. Glad you got a chance to visit some stores. Definitely check out Perry's place. Helluva a guy.

Visit ocean in a box, perry is awesome and has amazing stuff.

Give seahorse a seahorse another shot, Woody is a super nice guy. He is by himself alot and in a wheelchair so if its busy might be hard to notice him. he always helps me out when were there.

Also, if your in se portland visit Cayes on division. Shane is great.

Ocean in a box, we are planning a trip into Washington in the next week or two. My wife wants to see Seattle. I am going to plan on visiting some stores there.

Gradth, I can't find Cayes in the sponsor section.

Their not a sponsor, just a fish store that has been around for 20+ years. Its fresh and saltwater. About 140th and division. Called Cayes pets. Just a good place with good people, a bit behind the times(they dont even have a computer there(scary):eek:.

Hey Jeff, it was very nice to meet you and your wife. I would give those stores on your list another shot. I have similar opinions of some of them but I also seem to make enemies fast here.

Am I to assume the Magician and blow pops didn't make it?

Seriously, hit up Westside Aquariums.....Tim is a very cool guy. I would also recommend Oceans in a box. Perry does have some pretty nice looking stuff in his pic's. SWF is a fish store by definition. I think coral is more of an after thought but he has a ton of fish.

That program was FX Camera Zoom. It makes for better pic's but requires a tad of configuration. Also, I would be happy to go through that camera again for you, but this app will make your cell shots much better. I would also recommend Picassa for editing the pic's. I wouldn't make dramatic changes as people tend to get irritated with "photoshoping" but you can hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button and get pretty good results.

Let me know if I can help.