the worst possible smell in saltwater

ReeFit

The frozen food I accidently left in a closed container on top of the aquarium for 3 weeks while I was in Hawaii. After a week the secretary I had watching the tank saw the container full of black goo and decided to open it and smell it for some reason. Thankfully she made it to the restroom before she lost her lunch. Man you've never heard such whining.

This isnt saltwater, but I had a goat die one time in one of the "goat houses" I had in the pasture, didn't find til almost 2 weeks later, in 115 degree heat in southern Texas.........I ended up taking about 5 gallons of gasoline and pouring over it and setting fire to it rather than try and move it and bury it, it was so bad, I gagged for at least a week LOL

Oh yes' date=' a dead snail is so freaking bad! Try a tank full of them, I helped clean out a tank at TNR when they got in a bad batch of snails and they all died within 2 days and man I felt like I wouldn't be able to smell anything good again![/quote']

LOL, no thank you, one was bad enough for me.

Oh yes' date=' a dead snail is so freaking bad! Try a tank full of them, I helped clean out a tank at TNR when they got in a bad batch of snails and they all died within 2 days and man I felt like I wouldn't be able to smell anything good again![/quote']

it took us a few days to get the smell out... that was just nasty. i resorted to using laquer thinner on my hands to kill the stench somewhat.

the only smell in my life that has made me actually retch was when i was helping at rose city a few months after they opened (prior owner) and i pulled out a decaying anemone... it was effervescent, i could feel it in my lungs for hours.

I've got a 35 gallon tote full of stagnant saltwater and toxic sand to challange anyones dead snail smell...I think there may be a few putrid turbos in there too. It came from a 240 with about a six inch deep sand bed in it. My friend asked for some sand...I told him it was up to him to wash and retrieve it. He almost passed out in the bin in the garage...did I mention he was doing it in 95 degree weather in a garage that was well above 100 degrees? Yeah...his girlfriend wasn't too impressed with the sand action...he bought two new bags after that experience. =0)

Matt

I've got a 35 gallon tote full of stagnant saltwater and toxic sand to challange anyones dead snail smell...I think there may be a few putrid turbos in there too. It came from a 240 with about a six inch deep sand bed in it. My friend asked for some sand...I told him it was up to him to wash and retrieve it. He almost passed out in the bin in the garage...did I mention he was doing it in 95 degree weather in a garage that was well above 100 degrees? Yeah...his girlfriend wasn't too impressed with the sand action...he bought two new bags after that experience. =0)

Matt

If you don't want the sand, i'll take it.