Does any one have this clam book?

ringwurm

Don't forget to read the fine print also says ships in 4-6 WEEKS. Kinda slow I would guess. I would say reward the local guy that is fairly competitive and has gone through the trouble to actually stock the book instead of the guy that is going to order the book after he already has your money.

Just giving options out there, some people don't always care to drive 40 miles out of their way to make a small purchase... Only thing I've bought online is electronics that give me an option for store pickup anyway, but I'm always for saving $ that I don't have. Seeing that markup is absolutely outrageous in this hobby, it pays to shop around. Years ago, if there was more than 25% markup on autoparts at our family store, repair shops would buy elsewhere and retail was never over 30%....nowadays, 1000% markup and beyond is unfortunately not uncommon. If you don't believe me, start shopping around.

heard that Ron.

I consider 12 dollars a rather significant difference on that price point level, especially when you can click a mouse and save time, effort, fuel, etc. I tend to give locals the opportunity to match an online price though.

$12 is significant when you live a ways away from the store i guess. But with the club discount its only like $5 difference plus you dont have to wait 4-6 weeks to get it. that is if the discount applies to this item. Personally I will spend a little more money for an item to get the customer service that comes with it and knowing that I am helping out a local. If wwe all bought everything online then the LFS would cease to exist and where would you get your emergency salt for a water change or something else to help your water quality? or waht if your light bulb burns out? want to wait a few days to get a new one? and how about fish? i personally like to see the fish and ask questions before i take it home. better than mail order any day. some things like cds or dvds or even electronics i dont mind buying over internet but when its something to do with this hobby id rather buy local. Guess im strange like that.