Anyone used or located Seachem's Aquavitro Salt?

414driver

I wish I could get the water I used to get in So Cal.....San Diego state has a marine biology department....duh.....and they pump actual sea water from 2 miles out and run it through some crazy sand filter or something....anyway they use it in their tanks and have a spicket on campus that if you are a student....or know one....can get water from. Well a few of the local stores starting carrying it and let me tell you....I had absolute phenominal results with that water. Problem was you got pieces of actual kelp in your tank when you did water changes unless you passed the water through a filter sock which is what I did.

I wonder if stores out here can do that here.....isn't there a big college on the coast with a marine department?

I wish I could get the water I used to get in So Cal.....San Diego state has a marine biology department....duh.....and they pump actual sea water from 2 miles out and run it through some crazy sand filter or something....anyway they use it in their tanks and have a spicket on campus that if you are a student....or know one....can get water from. Well a few of the local stores starting carrying it and let me tell you....I had absolute phenominal results with that water. Problem was you got pieces of actual kelp in your tank when you did water changes unless you passed the water through a filter sock which is what I did.

I wonder if stores out here can do that here.....isn't there a big college on the coast with a marine department?

good luck getting anything in oregon for free or at all. LOL hope brad doesn't chime in on this one.

I would have to say my guess is the water this far up the coast line with the arctic currents probably isn't compatible. i'm not sure what would happen to the live bacteria being heated up to near 80deg from whatever bone chilling temp our coast is.

oh I didn't get it for free....the stores that were stocking it were seling it for .50 a gallon.

Yeah, I am not sure if the water here is good or not either. I might have to snag a couple gallons or so and throw it in a 10g I have...heat it and see what happens with the parameters....after a while I will sacrafice a frag....and I guess some kinda lighting as well.

I was interested in Seachem aquavitro a few months back. After researching online, talking to local shops, phone calls to Seahem and posts on other forums I decided against it. Seachem tests each batch to verify that each batch has what is on each label. However, I decided it was not worth the price. There are too many other salt mixes that have what is needed for a reef tank. Obviously just my opinion. If a shop had it on the shelf I might try it but I was not gonna go out of my way for it. If you do try I would be curious to see if you notice a difference. The local shops I spoke with said the bucket would be about $95.00.

I was interested in Seachem aquavitro a few months back. After researching online' date=' talking to local shops, phone calls to Seahem and posts on other forums I decided against it. Seachem tests each batch to verify that each batch has what is on each label. However, I decided it was not worth the price. There are too many other salt mixes that have what is needed for a reef tank. Obviously just my opinion. If a shop had it on the shelf I might try it but I was not gonna go out of my way for it. If you do try I would be curious to see if you notice a difference. The local shops I spoke with said the bucket would be about $95.00.[/quote']

I look at it this way......for 225 gallons of Kent salt at $50 for a 150 gal pail .... would cost $75. If it saved me some in dosing supplies and my tank liked it....I'm a winner!

I would gladly try it...i am just not convinced it will make a difference. That is why I quit looking. Iat one time there was also an ossie with their bucket. It tended to lose it's seal durong shipping and salt was clumpy. I assume they overcame that problem. I know Westside could get it in butthe shipping made it expensive.

seachem aquavitro salinity salt

I have a bucket of aquavitro salinity salt coming in tomorrow morning.

$90 a bucket.

If anyone else wants some for $90, let me know.

Also according to seachem, this salt will mix 225 gallons at 1.025 salinity.

Kent salt claims 200 gallons of salt per bucket, but i have never got 200 gallons to mix at 1.025 with kent, always much lower salinity.

Nick

I have a bucket of aquavitro salinity salt coming in tomorrow morning.

$90 a bucket.

If anyone else wants some for $90, let me know.

Also according to seachem, this salt will mix 225 gallons at 1.025 salinity.

Kent salt claims 200 gallons of salt per bucket, but i have never got 200 gallons to mix at 1.025 with kent, always much lower salinity.

Nick

Call me at 503-559-0493 when it comes in.....it's mine!!!!! I'll even drive up from Salem for it!

Kent comes in a 200g bucket so you can get 400g for $100, only $5 more than 225g of Aquavitro. That being said, I would still probably give the stuff a try if it is what it claims to be. I agree, less headache for a few more $$ might be worth it.

Now, if I can only find the dang stuff... lol

I got 160 gallons out of my first bucket of Kent...at 1.023 on a cheap IO plastic meter. (upgrade to refract in my near future)