What other sites do you guys visit?

luv951

I am wondering about what other sites you guys visit on a regular basis. I have always just visited this site and Reef Central, although the banning spree that went on in April/May of this year leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So many knowledgeable and helpful people were banned over pretty much nothing. Its happened in the past too, BeanAnimal has been banned several times. Hahnmeister is no more, grimreefer was banned and allowed back and on and on it goes.

So, what are some of the other sites that are worth a visit?

I hit this one, Reef Frontiers, PSAS.org (Seattles club), Reef Cental some, and Reef Monkey. The last one is slow and has some of the RC outcasts from time to time, but they are pretty much NSFW on some things too.

Thats it but really don't stray to far from here as I don't spend alot of time on the computer usually.

He got banned for talking smack about a vendor sexy corals for selling small frags and the cool thing about his sight is you can say what you want like lol

LOL that's cool. I will have to check out his site. I liked some of the things he had to say. Sexy corals does sell small frags. I will not buy from them particularly when they sold a half an eye of the bpc flamethrower for 250 dollars and said that was a good deal..(nutty) Sad part is someone actually jumped on it..

Just talked to Grim thru a website and he says he is still at RC. So you can all relax now! :p

My understanding is that Grim's relationship with RC is a lot like BeanAnimal's. They know what they are talking about and don't let other people tell them things they know to be false. Every now and then, it gets a bit heated and they get banned. Then, they are let back in and it all starts over again. Its kind of why I started this thread. I respect and value the opinion of those who know more than me and if they are going to stand up for what they know to be right, I don't think they should ban them.

reefbuilders.com

Grim is a know it all, and is wrong many times. I can counter many of his "claims" with proof from little tiny no knowledge companies like GE. Then again Im sure someone without any real lighting experience other than playing around in his basement with some light fixtures and a PAR meter knows more than the engineers at GE. *insert sarcasm here*

Im sure the folks at Fulham dont know anything either....

reefbuilders.com

Grim is a know it all, and is wrong many times. I can counter many of his "claims" with proof from little tiny no knowledge companies like GE. Then again Im sure someone without any real lighting experience other than playing around in his basement with some light fixtures and a PAR meter knows more than the engineers at GE. *insert sarcasm here*

Im sure the folks at Fulham dont know anything either....

So I guess folks like you should educate us BEFORE we take some mis-information as the gospel.

Actually Joel.....reading Grim's posts sold me on T-5 versus MH.....I even purchased the fixture from you.....I'm happy and everything is growing like a weed......looks like a win-win to me!

• 1 month later...
He got banned for talking smack about a vendor sexy corals for selling small frags and the cool thing about his sight is you can say what you want like lol

Just so I can defend myself, and my forum I figured I would register...

I was never banned from R2R, I was suspended for 90 days over a dispute with a vendor whom I had purchased coral from. The company in question is NOT SexyCorals, but World Wide Corals. Anyone who was witnessing the ordeal go down knows this, anyone who knows me... knows Mike and I are friends. Whatever has gone on with other people, frags or whatever is none of my business.

Mike has been a good person to me, so I am offended that someone would go behind my back and make claims on why I may have been banned or whatever. If you are going to talk about someone, you can at least get the facts straight, thank you.

FWIW, I'm still on Reef2Reef like nothing ever happened.

i visited Reefers Anonymous and i was kinda disappointed at the language that was being over there. it kinda reminded me of alot younger crowd. didn't seem like there was alot going on over there also.

I appreciate the feedback, however... when I started RA, I wanted to be what other forums were not. I have been banned from places for speaking my mind... which is understandable as I am not the easiest pill to swallow. We highly encourage people to speak their minds at RA as long as you are not being a complete "douchebag" as some would put it... same rules apply to most things in life.

Most of the members of RA actually know each other in real life, so we give each other crap.. Most of us are unmarried males in our twenties/thirties who drink beer, weld metal and cuss like sailors... I did not intend the forum to be for everyone, but for outcasts to the standard reef forum. I encourage people to speak their minds, if you are mad about something.. let us know, chances are many people feel the same way. Heck, this is how I got my following... speaking my mind, calling out BS and protecting people from getting screwed over.

As far as activity, it's a new forum so we are still working on things... just like anything new, it takes time.

I hope this clears the air, I registered here because this thread was PM'd to me on another forum by someone who was very upset about it.

Thank you,

-Kraylen c/o ReefersAnonymous.net

I appreciate the feedback, however... when I started RA, I wanted to be what other forums were not. I have been banned from places for speaking my mind... which is understandable as I am not the easiest pill to swallow. We highly encourage people to speak their minds at RA as long as you are not being a complete "douchebag" as some would put it... same rules apply to most things in life.

Most of the members of RA actually know each other in real life, so we give each other crap.. Most of us are unmarried males in our twenties/thirties who drink beer, weld metal and cuss like sailors... I did not intend the forum to be for everyone, but for outcasts to the standard reef forum. I encourage people to speak their minds, if you are mad about something.. let us know, chances are many people feel the same way. Heck, this is how I got my following... speaking my mind, calling out BS and protecting people from getting screwed over.

As far as activity, it's a new forum so we are still working on things... just like anything new, it takes time.

I hope this clears the air, I registered here because this thread was PM'd to me on another forum by someone who was very upset about it.

Thank you,

Sounds like my kind of site-(clap) I need to check it out-I'm a little outspoken and those that know me know I am geniune person that would have there back-those that have not met me read my threads posts etc as arrogant cocky or whatever, my humor is beyond dry so it is lost in the text but, it is what it is-

I recognize your name from R2R which I assume is the same "Kraylen"

Thanks for the info-;)

So I can add;

R2R

PNWMAS (which for a while it was more PMS, than PNWMAS but things are better)

RC on occasion

Reef Frontiers

3Reef

and I dont visit Reef Sanctuary any more-puke.gif, except to steal their smileys

Just so I can defend myself, and my forum I figured I would register...

I was never banned from R2R, I was suspended for 90 days over a dispute with a vendor whom I had purchased coral from. The company in question is NOT SexyCorals, but World Wide Corals. Anyone who was witnessing the ordeal go down knows this, anyone who knows me... knows Mike and I are friends. Whatever has gone on with other people, frags or whatever is none of my business.

Mike has been a good person to me, so I am offended that someone would go behind my back and make claims on why I may have been banned or whatever. If you are going to talk about someone, you can at least get the facts straight, thank you.

FWIW, I'm still on Reef2Reef like nothing ever happened.

Welcome to this forum Kraylen!(clap) I do hope you stay and contribute as I do appreciate the fact that you speak your mind. I don't think enough people do personally. Thanks for setting the record straight and I agree with getting the facts straight which is why I went to your site and personally asked why you were not on reef2reef for a while .I was curious not to spread gossip but simply because I wanted to know what the issue was as I do feel sometimes vendors with bigger pockets tend to get protected at the expense of the hobbyist. As people know here I speak my mind too and when I see something that is complete bs I will call it out.

Thank you,

Good luck to your site. I did visit it a few times and there were some things I liked. For example I will never order from Mr. Coral based on what I read. I do have to say that it was obvious to me that most of the members knew each other in real life and it did have this exclusive frat house vibe going on to it. I was not offended by the language. I grew up with 3 brothers LOL nothing like that is going to offend me.(laugh) I just didn't feel like I fit in.