Inverts for a Nano tank

KTHOM

If your planning on having any corals that you will want to target feed...don't get any shrimp...(enforcer)(threaten)(wife) They are such pains in the DOH! I so wish I could catch them and give them away....I really hate shrimp...

Hermit Crabs are cool, so are Emerald Crabs...at least in my book...But Shrimp(nono)...I hate them...I wish I could find a little tiny spear gun, I would harpoon them and cook them up and feed them to the stray cats....(flame)....

We have tried Blood/Fire Shrimp, "Skunk" Cleaner Shrimp, Peppermint Shrimp, and all of them do the same thing...EVEN after target feeding them, if you have say Candy Cane Coral or Acans or anything that you will want to target feed...don't get them...unless you want to spend lots of time with your hand in the water fending them off, and even then when you walk away they will pounce on your corals and start ripping the mysis/brine right out of them......Man I can't stand them...

unless you want to spend lots of time with your hand in the water fending them off, and even then when you walk away they will pounce on your corals and start ripping the mysis/brine right out of them

Cut the bottom half of a 2-liter bottle and put a PVC pipe in the top hole (find a pipe that the plastic cap will fit inside and epoxy it in and screw it on). Cut a few holes in the pop bottle body. You have just made a shrimp-proof cover for feeding your corals. Feed coral, then cover with the bottle for 30 minutes. If you forget to remove the cover the holes will allow some water circulation to keep the coral alive (try to not let it sit under cover for more than a couple of hours).

As for inverts, I would just make sure that the cycle is complete by waiting 6-8 weeks then start adding the coral that you want to have. Of course add snails and hermits (if you want) to keep algae in check. Have a clump of chaeto somewhere in your tank to introduce all sorts of good stuff like pods.

I really like the small micro-brittle stars, and small feather-duster tube worms. I also like the stomatella snails (look like a slug with a small shield-like shell on the back).

dsoz

There are soooooooo many great inverts for a nano. I would start with a a wide mix/varitiety so that you have something that takes care of just about anything. Plus this will give you a real good idea of what you like best/works best for your tank. Snails and hermits are a must, and I would add a shrimp, an emerald or two, maybe a cucumber, etc. There are so many options lol.

So we are kinda thinking about snails, the kids loved the electric blue hermits? , maybe cleaner shrimp , we want a cucumber but not sure what type just yet, and crabs, We were thinking of sally or emeralds. Is it typical the emerald harm clams? there is a work missing in dee77 post but I assume it wasn't a good thing.