My name is...

J.R

Hello, my name is J.R and I’m a reefaholic! I have had tanks in one form or another for about 25yrs my last was a reef but got out 7 years ago because of the expense of the tank combined with the expense of my wife having kids, now 7 yrs and 4 girls later I’m back!

Anyways, when I got out I had a 120 acrylic, 55 gal sump, 2 25gal refuge and 25 gal prop, all MH lighting. I sold everything when I got out so I am starting over.

I plan on being ready to start the cycle this December and here’s what I have bought so far.

180 gal w/ dual overflow 6x2x2

RO/DI HiS

75 gal Sump

1 400w MH

2 250w MH

7 39w T5 HO

2 Coralife 1090 return pumps

Various little things

I pick up my Skimmer and Cal reactor next month.

Anyways it’s good to be back, I’ve really missed this hobby in the last 7 or so years that I have been out of it. I can’t wait to get the tank wet. I’ll post a build thread once I get the sump room built ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yeah December seems like a long time but I promissed the Mrs that I would finish the remodel before I started on the tank. Besidess I do have a few big things to buy before I put water in it.

Anyways I plan on becoming an actual member, I am just waiting for paypal to verify my account. After I pay the fee how long does it normally take before I am a member?