Vendor feedback

Emerald525

I was perusing reef2reef today and noticed a thread where a hobbyist was not pleased with a vendor it was moved to a separate thread called vendor feedback with very strict rules:

Vendor feedback (Please read before posting in this forum.)

To all R2R members,

The vendor feedback forum is to be used by members giving feedback, and a vendor a chance to explain, defend himself, or solve an issue with a member. Outside comments will not be allowed by people not involved in the issue. This forum is not for rants and raves and venting. Post only facts about transactions. Any outside post from anyone who has nothing to do with the matter will be deleted by moderators.

*****NO PROFANITY AT ALL IN FEEDBACK THREADS*******

Thanks R2R Staff.

I like the idea of this as it gives both parties a chance to give their side of the story and it keeps other people from chiming in so that the entire thread goes off topic and becomes drama filled. It would be nice to know both positive and negative experiences.

You just like the drama that comes with it! :p

LOL we all like our drama , but while it is nice to hear about the really good sponsors. I would also like to hear about other people's negative experiences. I have not always had good experiences and by word of mouth I have met others who have had similar experiences.

It seemed like a fair and less drama way to deal with negative experiences. When people not involved tried to chime in they were warned and responses were deleted. When the thread became heated the thread was closed.

Honestly I think we have ENOUGH forums as it is.

I personally am the kinda person that only gives good reviews.

If people just gave reviews for the good.... then people would see who is a good seller. And if someone is going to buy from someone who doesn't have good reviews then that should be a warning to be extra attentive with the sale.

I understand why people feel that there should be an area for bad reviews. I just don't like making it public. It should be handled between the 2 parties evolved. And trust me word gets around in this hobby pretty fast if someone does happened to get screwed on a deal!

Another thing to think about with 'bad reviews'. If someone has a beef with a LFS and says somethings that aren't completely true and a bunch of reefers read it before things can be "controlled". We run the chance of lossing them as sponsors. And don't fool yourself..... WE NEED THEM AS SPONSORS!!! Just think about all that they give this club, so we can raffle it off and make money for the club to do other things.

Just my $.02- but let the masses speak. As this club is for all of us not just some of us.