WTT tech M

Gill

does anyone use this stuff? It is a kent chemical supplement and I have a almost full one gallon jug. I also have kalkwasser, it's about half full 500 G (1.1lb) container. This stuff came with my setup and I don't think I am going to use it.

Depending on what you are keeping in your tank, the Tech M may be helpful in keeping your Mag within the recommended ranges-For me the stuff did not work-I switched to Brightwell's Magnesion-P and later went to Bulk Reef supplies Mag Chloride.

If you have nothing for Magnesium, that is one step above-(laugh) but you will most likely need to supplement for Mag.-IME

Just think you may want to keep it until it is gone and then go straight to the BRS mag chloride or mag sulfate, depending on wether you have a Ca Reactor determines sulfide vs chloride.

Depending on what you are keeping in your tank, the Tech M may be helpful in keeping your Mag within the recommended ranges-For me the stuff did not work-I switched to Brightwell's Magnesion-P and later went to Bulk Reef supplies Mag Chloride.

If you have nothing for Magnesium, that is one step above-(laugh) but you will most likely need to supplement for Mag.-IME

Just think you may want to keep it until it is gone and then go straight to the BRS mag chloride or mag sulfate, depending on wether you have a Ca Reactor determines sulfide vs chloride.

I currently add kent super buffer, iodine, strontium, and calcium. does this mean I should add the magnesium? (scratch) If so I will keep it. Does the kalkwasser needs a separate reactor to be used? (scratch) Thank you for the input reefjunkie :D

I currently add kent super buffer' date=' iodine, strontium, and calcium. does this mean I should add the magnesium? (scratch) If so I will keep it. Does the kalkwasser needs a separate reactor to be used? (scratch) Thank you for the input reefjunkie :D[/quote']

IMO- I would keep it until its gone and then go for the BRS mag sulfate(sounds like you dont have a Ca reactor) but make sure the sulfate is what you use. I thought I read the sulfate is for those who DONT have a reactor and the chloride is for those with a reactor.

The Kalk needs its own "reactor" or a container that stirs and then you would use a dosing pump or have it tied into your top off- I did it both ways when I had a Kalk reactor but I sold it a little while ago.

You will want to get a mag test kit so you know how much you need to dose and don’t dose more than 100PPM per day as a max to get to the desired 1350-1500 range.

I run my tank at about 1450 for th Mg.

My experience was with the Kent it just took A LOT to get it to increase slightly and then it would drop a day later-I was not liking the product at all. The brightwell magnesion-P was better but the BRS chloride is best-at least it is for me.

I used to dose Iodide but stopped since I don’t have a test kit, I do still dose Strontium/Molybenium (sp) by Kent, but that may be because I buy in bulk and bought gallons of each.

I have nearly a full gallon of the Tech-I I need to off load.

Hope that helps a bit

IMO- I would keep it until its gone and then go for the BRS mag sulfate(sounds like you dont have a Ca reactor) but make sure the sulfate is what you use. I thought I read the sulfate is for those who DONT have a reactor and the chloride is for those with a reactor.

The Kalk needs its own "reactor" or a container that stirs and then you would use a dosing pump or have it tied into your top off- I did it both ways when I had a Kalk reactor but I sold it a little while ago.

You will want to get a mag test kit so you know how much you need to dose and don’t dose more than 100PPM per day as a max to get to the desired 1350-1500 range.

I run my tank at about 1450 for th Mg.

My experience was with the Kent it just took A LOT to get it to increase slightly and then it would drop a day later-I was not liking the product at all. The brightwell magnesion-P was better but the BRS chloride is best-at least it is for me.

I used to dose Iodide but stopped since I don’t have a test kit, I do still dose Strontium/Molybenium (sp) by Kent, but that may be because I buy in bulk and bought gallons of each.

I have nearly a full gallon of the Tech-I I need to off load.

Hope that helps a bit

That helps a lot, thank you reefjunkie. I will put a mag test kit on my list for the next visit to the LFS