WTB 55-90g tank

kendaroo

OK, some of y'all called it, but we're now thinking about adding a larger tank. Apparently I am hogging our little tanks and now Gillian wants her very own big one! (whistle)

I don't think she wants to start completely from scratch... looking for something with some live sand and live rock at least.

Anyone? Thanks.

• Like 1

Nick at rose city has a nice used 90g on a nice black stand w/canopy ,internal overflow,pump,sump etc.

Patrick at salwater fantaseas has a new 90g (marked as a 75) standing on end behinda couple tanks..just bare tank. He also has a complete 75g system running with sand and rock.

OK, some of y'all called it, but we're now thinking about adding a larger tank. Apparently I am hogging our little tanks and now Gillian wants her very own big one! (whistle)

I don't think she wants to start completely from scratch... looking for something with some live sand and live rock at least.

Anyone? Thanks.

I knew it!!! lol

55g are usually easy to find but not really good as layout.

They are good for freshwater, but with all the rocks we use in reef tanks you will find it small soon. A 90g sounds much better if you can find one.

My best advice is to wait until you find the right size for your needs.

Nick at rose city has a nice used 90g on a nice black stand w/canopy ,internal overflow,pump,sump etc.

Patrick at salwater fantaseas has a new 90g (marked as a 75) standing on end behinda couple tanks..just bare tank. He also has a complete 75g system running with sand and rock.

Thanks for the tips. We'll be going on a little field trip later today to check them out.

I knew it!!! lol

55g are usually easy to find but not really good as layout.

They are good for freshwater, but with all the rocks we use in reef tanks you will find it small soon. A 90g sounds much better if you can find one.

My best advice is to wait until you find the right size for your needs.

Awesome advice, thanks, Alex. I've been wondering if the 55 is too narrow since they're only like 12" wide... no wider than our nanos really.

I have a 75G glass tank available in very good shape. i could probably part with some live rock out of one of my tanks. i will also have a 72G bowfront available in a few weeks as well' date=' but its not in as nice of condition as the 75.[/quote']

That sounds like a possibility. Any lights or a stand to go with it? Shoot me a few pics when you get a chance!

(laugh) I knew it!

I agree with Alex, our first tank was a 55 gallon and we hated it because it was too narrow and you couldn't do any real rockscaping and never seemed like enough room.

My advice would be to go with the biggest one you can possibly fit but then again you are speaking to someone who has 2 150 gallon tanks in her family room!(nutty)

pick the one at Rose City my friend had to let it go because she is too pregnant to keep it. I know he'll make you a good deal on it. I'd wait until later in the afternoon though as he isn't exactly an early bird if he has somone to open the shop. So far as the rock and sand I know that she brought some in as well, I'm sure he can be convinced to make a good deal on a complete package. I also have some decent ligting for it as well if you don't like what is on it already.

I like my 75g. It is big enough to aquascape, and not too deep. The problem with deep tanks is that you get your arm completely wet when you want to reach the bottom. Since I met you, I think that you would probably need a snorkel to reach the bottom of a 90g (I get wet up to my armpit). I know I can not reach the bottom of Undrtkr_00's 110g (I tried last week), which is even taller.

dsoz

I like my 75g. It is big enough to aquascape, and not too deep. The problem with deep tanks is that you get your arm completely wet when you want to reach the bottom. Since I met you, I think that you would probably need a snorkel to reach the bottom of a 90g (I get wet up to my armpit). I know I can not reach the bottom of Undrtkr_00's 110g (I tried last week), which is even taller.

dsoz

LOL I can't reach the bottom of my tank Dsoz but I love my 150 gallon reef. I have gotten pretty darn skilled with the tongs though and I usually get my short sleeves wet when I target feed. I agree the 75 gallon is a good versatile size but I am from the camp that bigger is better. Then again I don't do the water changes!

• Like 1