FRAG RACK

Gill

Here is a link to my favorite one...

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/new-mag-rack-oceans-wonders.html

And the group buy starts tomorrow... still time to add you if you need to get some stuff! LOL

I love that one I saw it in Reef Central. I have an old mag float and was thinking of making my own. I don't want it to break and send my frags flying though. Do you have one of these does it work well?

I've got a couple of these. The third magnet gets in the way when moving the rack around for cleaning or adjustment. I just removed the middle magnet.

Gotta couple of these, also. Don't think he is making 'em any more?

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42702&highlight=racks

The BRS look good.

I really didn't want to futz around making one rack. Time plus materials equals no savings. The thing I didn't realize is that I now have 5 frag racks in one tank. Around $100.00. If I would have thought it out I would have realized that, in the future, I would need more racks and just made a bunch. I became more of a farmer than I thought I would!

Not DIY but nice slick design that started from a DIY project over at nano-reef.com

Black Rock Reef

Well, I thought I would post what I am using at that moment, I fragged my Golden ToadStool and got this to use to try out, its a "Betta Condo" used to house 4 Bettas, but instead I just put a frag plug in them and stuck a chunk of Toadstool in there, It allows flow in and out, but the frags can't float away, so far its worked pretty well...its cheap, but only has 4 compartments, but you can take the dividers out and make one big compartment, 2,3 or 4 compartments...

Anyway....here is a pic...

P6130098.jpg

So what exactly is the benefit of egg crate over a sheet of acrylic is it just that the acrylic will become opaque with Coraline? Because I was considering having a tank builder just take some scrap and glue it together for me like he would the bottom and back of a tank. Then I could just turn it on its side and attach the "bottom" to the back of my tank with the mag float and the "back" would sit flat. If thats not the most confusing way to say that I don't know what is LOL

Well, I thought I would post what I am using at that moment, I fragged my Golden ToadStool and got this to use to try out, its a "Betta Condo" used to house 4 Bettas, but instead I just put a frag plug in them and stuck a chunk of Toadstool in there, It allows flow in and out, but the frags can't float away, so far its worked pretty well...its cheap, but only has 4 compartments, but you can take the dividers out and make one big compartment, 2,3 or 4 compartments...

Anyway....here is a pic...

Be careful If I have learned anything over the years it's never trust a suction cup (sad) Still though a mag float could be employed with your set up (plotting)

the magnets i used i got for a arts and craft store.... the only place i could find them.... they r not bad but they can only hold so much weight....

Haywood,

Did you seal the inside magnets in any way? I would be worried about the metal from the magnets contaminating my tank.

• 1 month later...