Baby Queen Angel

Emerald525

I finally convinced Beth to get an Angelfish for the 150 gallon Aggressive tank. Isaac (The Coral Mafia) got us a nice little baby. So far she is doing well.(fingers) She is picking at the rocks and getting along with the other fish and I just love her!(yahoo). Thanks Isaac for finding us this little gem!

DSC05425ARW.jpg

DSC05424ARW.jpg

DSC05411ARW.jpg

Beautiful fish ladies, you know this means you have to turn that tank into an agressive fowlr :P

I think it's time for a pair of gold stripe maroons :P

Funny you mention it Mick we are probably going to try another gold stripe Maroon once she settles in.

Hahaha..

Just kidding.

As you well know its my favorite fish. Im so glad to see that it really is a Queen angel and not a Blue. Not that the blue angels are not beautiful themselves. Its just that some ppl get the blue and queens mixed up in the early stages. Before I knew the difference, I had bought what was told to me was a baby queen. It grew into an adult, and I couldnt figure out at the time why it didnt have the coloring of the queen. I didnt know at the time that there was a fish that looked similiar to the queen. I loved that fish, but unfortunately I lost it after 3 years.

I now have a queen that I got about the same size as yours. It is growing rather slowly in my tank. It does seem to be having a growth spurt. It is getting the starts of streamers. Its crown is forming too. Most of its body bars are gone now. I believe I have had it since around Nov. 08. I have it in with a larger Annularis and Emperator. They all get along pretty good. Some times the Emperator will give it a one second chance. The Annularis(second favorite angel) is the largest fish in the tank.

I can have most softies in the tank. My angels will eat zoas though. Im so glad they leave star polyps alone, because I just love these.

You will have to come over sometime and see my tank. Would love to talk fishies with you guys. I dont live to far from you. Sellwood is just on the other side of the river from us. We live off terwilliger on boones ferry.

Tammy

Its just a fish.

(laugh) And our Pope's watermelon chalice is just a pretty rock!:p I did not know that Queens and blues looked so much alike.

She is doing well. She leaves the star polyps alone. I kinda wish she didn't and for the most part leaves the corals alone and just picks at the rocks. She is picking at our large brain coral but it still is doing well so will keep an eye on it.

Sure would love to see your fish some time.

I'm happy to hear she is a slow grower as I love the coloration on her right now and like to watch the gradual change.