Audi Wins 1-2-3 at 24 hour Le Mans!!!

snowpunk

Hopefully their is a least one other person that will even give a hoot about this to make my post worth while...lol

13-06-2010-15-06-02_699069b.jpg

Audi placed themselves back on the podium this year after being barely dethroned last year by Peugeot(Ford engine:eek:). Audi had seen nearly a decade of wins from 2000 on before last years loss. And most of these wins have came from a diesel too!(Bentley did win one year but was given Audi engines to do it)

2010_livery_r15plus.jpg

PH-612009998.jpg?ref=PH&Item=1&NewTbl=1&Maxw=660&fn=rick-doles-le-mans-blog.jpg

audi-r15-tdi6_j8BuI_3868.jpg

Thanks for looking, had to get that out there...lol

lol... ya know there was a few BMW's running in it too but they didn't place well enough to even be mentioned:p

I love my Audi too. They are truly well engineered machines. Just a great, well rounded, high option, European piece of art...

With this huge win and Germany's great start to the world cup may day is going great!!! Now if Germany or the USA can come out and win the world cup I will be super stoked...

I would love to drive one of those cars. They look so cool.

I work at a finance company and we will not finance anything over wholesale book on Audis. They ALWAYS break down, cost a ton to fix, and don't have a good resale. I've had 4 or 5 friends that had them, and they all hated them with a passion. Its so odd to hear something positive about your 2 experiences with them. I have never heard anything like that before honestly. Not bashing just giving my experience.

Prolly same car, one of the guys here has a v8 or v10 audi and had to have it towed up there (paid 125k and to do basic service up to portland it goes LOL). Course if its older you can have it fixed local by someone else if its not a dealer covered car.

I have had two Audi's (A4 sedan and S4 Avant). I have never had the expensive repair experience or any unreliability issues or stranding events. I think it is all about religious maintenance as with anything else (saltwater tanks); and getting the extended warranty. That way you have 7 years of no stress, no worries and no out of pocket expenses except tires, wipers and oil changes. I have always been able to sell my cars for full market value and never lost money ($15K when I sold the A4 and $43K for the S4); it is not a good idea to buy an Audi brand new or any car for that matter. I got my car loans for 3% APR for full retail value from Onpoint CU and Pentagon Federal CU. Insurance cost is average ($70/month). It is true that no one in the Eugene area will touch it if it is under dealer warranty. If it isn't under warranty, then Noah at Auto Doctor is a genius & knows his stuff and the only one I would go to. I talked to Audi once and they have no plans for a Eugene area dealership; they had tried that awhile back and it didn't work out. Safest driving and handling car I have ever owned. I am a car enthusiast, had Alfa, BMW M3, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes and nothing beats Audi in quality and safety handling and has gotten me out of very hairy situations on I-5. The only thing that has ever come close that I have found so far is a Honda Ridgeline....weird...

I once had to get it towed to Sunset Beaverton (insurance covered it); and they were so nice they even offered to have their driver drive my rig back down to me for free. :) If you ever get a chance to drive one, it is a nice experience and you can tell that right away either as a passenger or the driver.

I've had my TT for just under 5 worry free years. I also say if you maintain it you have a much greater chance of having little to no issues with it. I love the car more then any other I've ever owned. I have done a fair amount of suspension and engine(air/fuel) work too so it gets ran harder then your average commuter car by far. I'll either keep it forever or sell it to buy a lower mileage one to keep forever:). It's my little German tank!!!

I've had my TT for just under 5 worry free years. I also say if you maintain it you have a much greater chance of having little to no issues with it. I love the car more then any other I've ever owned. I have done a fair amount of suspension and engine(air/fuel) work too so it gets ran harder then your average commuter car by far. I'll either keep it forever or sell it to buy a lower mileage one to keep forever:). It's my little German tank!!!

TT's are fun, is it a manual or dsg? Have you tried the A3? I hope that they bring some diesel models soon that have Quattro. A3's are really spunky. :) I almost got one once but could not bring myself to be ok with the fact that at the time there were no A3's available with Quattro. The engineering on Audi is brilliant when you get into it all technically and they surely stick to the road don't they? (rock2) We want the RS4 Avant but they have not brought that model to the US yet. I want an Audi that I don't have to drive on I5; rock chips every day are painful to the soul! I loved them both, which is good and bad too. It would make me livid when people would damage it (door dings, fuel attendant issues, and hit & runs) + rocks and stuff flying off of cars on I-5; can be too stressful and takes the 'fun' right out of it. There is something to be said about having a daily driver that you don't care so much about. We sold our S4 and regret it to this day. If you like your TT, keep it. :) It is hard to buy another one that you don't know everything about or its history. The S4 we had was nagaro blue with the two-toned blue recaro seats etc. Have you ever heard the engine on one? It has a deep growl! It saved me when a deer jumped out in front of me once, all I had to do was look in my rear view mirror and slam the brakes. It's like all you have to worry about is the people behind you that can't stop at the rate you are going to. Does it seem to you that you have to use the cruise control a lot because it doesn't seem like you are driving fast, but your speedo says otherwise? Are you on the Audi forums? I also have a soft spot for the Alfa Romeo Brera, they keep saying that they will be coming back to the US- but who knows. They are temperamental and glitchy though which is a deterent for sure. I had a 159 but the dang thing was a constant headache and everything that could go wrong did so it got too expensive and irritating.

post-6317-141867755582_thumb.jpg

TT's are fun' date=' is it a manual or dsg? Have you tried the A3? I hope that they bring some diesel models soon that have Quattro. A3's are really spunky. :) I almost got one once but could not bring myself to be ok with the fact that at the time there were no A3's available with Quattro. The engineering on Audi is brilliant when you get into it all technically and they surely stick to the road don't they? (rock2) We want the RS4 Avant but they have not brought that model to the US yet. I want an Audi that I don't have to drive on I5; rock chips every day are painful to the soul! I loved them both, which is good and bad too. It would make me livid when people would damage it (door dings, fuel attendant issues, and hit & runs) + rocks and stuff flying off of cars on I-5; can be too stressful and takes the 'fun' right out of it. There is something to be said about having a daily driver that you don't care so much about. We sold our S4 and regret it to this day. If you like your TT, keep it. :) It is hard to buy another one that you don't know everything about or its history. The S4 we had was nagaro blue with the two-toned blue recaro seats etc. Have you ever heard the engine on one? It has a deep growl! It saved me when a deer jumped out in front of me once, all I had to do was look in my rear view mirror and slam the brakes. It's like all you have to worry about is the people behind you that can't stop at the rate you are going to. Does it seem to you that you have to use the cruise control a lot because it doesn't seem like you are driving fast, but your speedo says otherwise? Are you on the Audi forums? I also have a soft spot for the Alfa Romeo Brera, they keep saying that they will be coming back to the US- but who knows. They are temperamental and glitchy though which is a deterent for sure. I had a 159 but the dang thing was a constant headache and everything that could go wrong did so it got too expensive and irritating.[/quote']

I have the 225(6speed) in Aviator Grey. The quattro is a must, without it's not really an audi, just a VW:p. Never been in the A3 but I've drove a couple S4's and A6's with the 2.7T. That is a great engine. My next car(money permitting) will probably either be an S4 Avant or a (997) 911. I really love the RS6 also but I'm not into sedans so much and well you know the story there. If I don't have an avant then I'd rather have a 2 seater I guess...(scratch) Is their any logic to that? I plan on retiring the TT to the Garage when I can afford to but the almost 2 year layoff has killed that dream for a while otherwise it would already be done. She's at 110K right now which really bums me out but it's my everything car. I go to work in it, I take it snowboarding, vacations to the coast, and pretty much anywhere else you would take a SUV(ground clearance pending). It handles better in adverse conditions then every SUV I've got my hands on hands down. Why do you think my name is Snowpunk anyway:D. I'm on Quattroworld a lot but stay away from Vortex(for the most part) and audiworld(completely).

I have the 225(6speed) in Aviator Grey. The quattro is a must' date=' without it's not really an audi, just a VW:p. Never been in the A3 but I've drove a couple S4's and A6's with the 2.7T. That is a great engine. My next car(money permitting) will probably either be an S4 Avant or a (997) 911. I really love the RS6 also but I'm not into sedans so much and well you know the story there. If I don't have an avant then I'd rather have a 2 seater I guess...(scratch) Is their any logic to that? I plan on retiring the TT to the Garage when I can afford to but the almost 2 year layoff has killed that dream for a while otherwise it would already be done. She's at 110K right now which really bums me out but it's my everything car. I go to work in it, I take it snowboarding, vacations to the coast, and pretty much anywhere else you would take a SUV(ground clearance pending). It handles better in adverse conditions then every SUV I've got my hands on hands down. Why do you think my name is Snowpunk anyway:D. I'm on Quattroworld a lot but stay away from Vortex(for the most part) and audiworld(completely).[/quote']

There is something different about the Avant balance and handling versus the sedan. Avants are better. (clap) The snow and sand are a breeze, permitting you have the the right kind of tire. I found out the hard way that quattro is not going to save you in the snow if you have the wrong kind of tire on.

There is something different about the Avant balance and handling versus the sedan. Avants are better. (clap) The snow and sand are a breeze' date=' permitting you have the the right kind of tire. I found out the hard way that quattro is not going to save you in the snow if you have the wrong kind of tire on.[/quote']

I run with Hancook Icebears in the winter. When it snows I head straight into the back roads for a little me time:D. There are many tires that even quattro won't be able to help you with...lol