Grassi's 3 gallons Pico Reef

grassi

I just got this tank from Kendraroo. It is a nice 12x14x8 acrylic all in one rimless tank.

The display area holds only 3 gallons of water, while the filtration area is huge compared to it.

I plumbed it with a Maxi Jet 600 and a 1/2 in bulkhead. Planning to run skimmerless (only surface skimming) with some cheatomorpae and live rock in the filter. I'm planning to go for 20% weekly water changes.

I'm probably gonna go with leds: either Elvic par 38 or Maxspect.

There will be an ato device and a 50w thermometer. No powerheads, the MJ 600 is good enough as for the first water test.

Must be [language filter] silent and safe because it is gonna be in the living room or baby room.

I'm still torn between bottomless (edited: barebottom)or black sand.

There will probably be a "bonsai" rockscaping with a few corals and sexy shrimps. Not sure about the corals, but for sure there will be my mini carpet anemones.

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My vote ' date=' without a poll from kim(lol), is black sand with white tonga branch banzai style with a mangrove comming out the top of the rockscape.[/quote']

I love your idea. But I think Kim's poll is necessary at this point (whistle)

What' date=' no love for my idea Alex? LOL[/quote']

The YCG are one of my favorite fish. But I had one and they are a little needy an they don't go well with some corals.

Also my anemones could just eat them (laugh)