Sleeping with the fish?

NoobtoSalt

So I've been watching my tank in the dark... I know kind of weird but I've always noticed that all of my fish seem to go to "bed" except for the clowns. My last clown did the same thing and it was a perc, and now I have 2 clarkii and they just hang out in the same spot and swim.

This got me thinking, Do clowns ever sleep???

I figured the late owl crowd would be able to answer this since you guys are always up.

My black and white ocellarus sleeps nestled in the partlially closed rbta. He acts like a dog when dreaming. Figits,moves,still,twitches,still. Kinda weird,but really looks like he is sleeping and chasing nems in an open field. My perc seems to nestle into thick stalks of pink zenia,not touching the rock, but rather held up by the stalks. Every few minutes,she/he seems to wake up,spins a lap around the zenia stalks then rustles back into it. Sometimes into the same spot,other times finding a couple different stalks.

I have two percs in my 180, I had them in a 25g tank with only two other fish. They burrowed two troughs in the sand and would sleep in there, I think I posted a pic back then. I dont think they do it now in the 180 though, at least not by the time I got to bed and the lights are out. I'll check again and look for that post

Then shoot Dave a message' date=' he's a super cool guy and it will give you an excuse to get out and see his clownhouse, which is a friggin MUST!!![/quote']

Yeah I've seen his thread on here about the clownhouse. It gives me a good excuse to go check it out anyways.

Thanks for the ideas Mick.

If I didn't know any better I would have thought they were dead...

That's impressive.