Wanting to jump onto the Vortech Bandwagon :)

KMiller

So I am looking at Vortechs! (clap)

I have a 46 bowfront, and I was wondering if a MP10 would suffice... would it?

I think a good thing to consider is what you plan to add down the road-I'm 90%+ SPS and when I got 1 MP20 for my 75 gallon (4 foot long tank) I realized another was in order-Even had I got a MP 40, I would have wanted one for the opposite side.

If there is any remote chance of an upgrade down the road ((laugh)) AND yu can afford it, I would say 2 20's or even 2 10's.

You dont need them all at once one will work great and again if you are doing a mixed reef you can get by with one-IMO

But for now' date=' at this moment, would I be [b']ok[/b] with 1 MP10 or 20? Then later on when I get a bigger tank, could I just add another?

Does anyone know the best place to purchase these?

Ok for sure.

If you could swin it thought the 20 would be the way to go, again inmy opinion, and that is someone who kicks themselves for not going bigger on everything the first time.

Upgraded return pumps, lights, skimmer, sump......the plus side, all that extra stuff makes it easy to throw another tank together from "spare parts"-DOH!

Yes, for now you're fine with just one, I'm only running one on my 40 breeder.

Check out Barrier Reef, I know he was running a sale on them a while back.

We have 2 mp40 ecosmart for our 150 gallon! I don't think Cy is running his sale anymore but he had awesome prices. :D

He was doing it for his customer appreciation sale and I couldn't make it so he ordered for me over the phone! Great guy to do business with wish he was closer!:D

The MP10 manf ratings are well under what this pump is capable of - Advanced Aquarist Review.

I think you will be fine with a single MP10 and you can always add another down the road if you want surfing type waves in that tank.

Get the MP10 ES as the extra modes and controller are worth the extra price alone. If you have any thought of ever having multiple Vortechs in the same tank or have or will have an Apex controller get the MP10w ES model.

Call The Nano Reef tomorrow and get a price on the group order they are putting at the end of the month. You will find the pricing very good.

If Ryan can't ship yours to you let me know and I can pick it up when I pick my stuff up and ship from work via UPS ground which will get to you next day I'm pretty sure. Probably about $8 I'd guess.

The prices are worth the wait

I'm waiting on my bonus check later this month and I should be able to get my spot taken care of for my MP40W. Not to go off topic too much but does anyone know the difference between the W and ES models?

You should definately check the prices at Nano Reef..

ES is the new Ecosmart models with additional modes and a newer controller. The W just adds wireless ability to the ES to allow communication with other units or an Apex module. In wireless mode the pumps can act together to create special flow modes or styles.