Help in Eugene Area?

Ku'ulei

Hey there,

I picked up a fish up from Portland yesterday for a friend and they have been unable to come and get it. Is there anyone in the Eugene area that would be able to house a Potter's Angelfish in a real tank? I floated him in my sump yesterday, moved him to a cooler last night after acclimating him and he is now in a tub but he really needs to go into a tank. I can't put him in mine because I have a flame angelfish. Please get back to me if you can take him, I feel so bad for this fish and he is really struggling. (scary)

Thank you,

Stefanie

do you have some Tupperware that you can keep close but punch a bunch of holes in?

If you do you can put him in your tank inside of it and he will be fine until your friend picks up the fish

just make enough holes so water transfer through

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for your generous offers and help. The fish was just picked up by the owner, and it was alive when it left and doing very well thanks to the submersible kitchen dish idea. :) WHEW!

I used a stainless steel pasta strainer and found that the fish was suffering from acute ammonia toxicity. It could not tolerate any trace of ammonia in its water and was so stressed that it would foul seven gallons of freshly cooked saltwater in less than two hours, with spikes up to 0.25..... I did three water changes in its tub and a 20% water change on my tank before submersing the fish in it.

Best,

Stefanie

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for your generous offers and help. The fish was just picked up by the owner, and it was alive when it left and doing very well thanks to the submersible kitchen dish idea. :) WHEW!

I used a stainless steel pasta strainer and found that the fish was suffering from acute ammonia toxicity. It could not tolerate any trace of ammonia in its water and was so stressed that it would foul seven gallons of freshly cooked saltwater in less than two hours, with spikes up to 0.25..... I did three water changes in its tub and a 20% water change on my tank before submersing the fish in it.

Best,

Stefanie

I charge for that kind of fish sitting. Way to go

Hi Everyone,

Best,

Stefanie

Wow that was quite the effort!(clap) You can fish sit for me anytime!;)