My first tank pic's

newfisher

Its been 8 months since my tattoo buddy showed up at the front door with an empty 49g coorner tank, a stand and a 5g bucket of sand. My wife wanted a saltwater tank and I needed another hobby like I needed another hole in my head. Clay says" dude, its cheap! You will love it,let's get some rock and a filter off of craigslist!" We set the tank on the stand, added the sand,filled it with tap water,some conditioner stuff(if I only knew then what I know now) some salt and started shopping the area for used stuff. I pulled an old heater from from the attic and we found a canister (which I had been running for 7 months) and some rock that night. I slowly added,added more,added too many fish etc and here is what I have now: 49g corner tank w matching black stand. Odysea fixture on yo yo's with SPS 250w de 20k blue bulb and double actinic supplements,4 blue led's. Custom hang on back fuge growing red macro like mad with a spiral 5500k bulb. Single skim box, jacuuzi overflow bulkhead and 1" flex line to a converted wet/dry sump with 15lbs live rubble, diversion plate,pre filter media,custom ato set up and a mag 5 return through a 18" spray bar. 2 korlia #3's. Cavernous rock scaping towering in the center rear with 4 mangroves sprouting 12" above the surface. Leopard wrasse, small yellow tang, lawnmower blenny diamond goby,midas blenny (homming the barnacles up top), purple firefish,red firefish,true perc hsting anything that moves, black and white ocellaris hosting the RBTA , engineer goby and a pistol shrimp watchman combo. Yeah, a lot of fish,but all are really small. I am running a mesh modded eshopps skimmer that pulls a ton of crud daily. Pics are from the phone,but hey....its taken me 8 mnths to finally put some up! Thanks clay for all of your help along the way and getting me addicted ( I now have 4 tanks and roughly 300 gallons).

2010-05-08174151.jpg

2010-05-08174210.jpg

2010-05-08174221.jpg

2010-05-08174231.jpg

2010-05-08174256.jpg

2010-05-08174315.jpg

Thanks to pnwmas members and sponsors,its been a great hobby!