basement sump pump recommendation?

finch6013

Not sure I can tell you much about any of the pumps, I am sure the price should tell you as to whats best. But I can say that there will be some garbage that can end up running through them if this is going under the house. Couple things to do is get a 5gal. bucket and drill or cuts some holes around the bottom. Put the pump in some 1/4 screen or put some screen in the bottom of the bucket keeping the pump about 1/4 or 1/3 up from the bottom.

Try and find the lowest spot under the house and did hole and set the bucket and pump down in there to drain the crawl space better. Most crawl spaces our some what flat so you might just want put the hole close to the access hole so you can keep a eye on it.

Now why did you buy a house with water under it? I know I know most house's around Portland and Vancouver get water under them in the winter. Not big a deal really as all you really need to do is make sure you keep the water from getting up and touching the wood, or that the concrete is staying so wet that the water is weeping up in and getting in getting to the wood that way.

the house already has sump holes and a well for it to go in, in the crawl and another one even lower at the corner of the house. Its pretty much plumbed and ready to go, The people that lived here before got foreclosed on and pretty much gutted the house of anything valuable. And they took the pumps. Good thing is, they gutted the place so I dont have to and the water scared everyone off from bidding on the house when it was clear it just needed pumps put back in. SO I got the house for less than half its value.

Our basement has a sump pit and pump. We just have one of the standard ones from Home Depot. I think the main difference in the ones they have there is the volume/hr they can pump. We've had a lot of water come into the basement over the last 2 years (as long as I've had the house) and the pumps have performed well. Make sure you set it up in a way that the float valve is free to move around so that it switches on and off properly.