New tank new problems....

Frank

• 4 weeks later...

Frank--Patrick had a Klein's 2 days ago...I WILL NOT OPERATE A REEF TANK WITHOUT A KLEIN'S!!!!..I currently have one in my tank...they will eliminate aiptasia/majanos within 2 weeks...they will feed at night...they will also eat anything else you want to feed...they "gently pick" at corals for a couple days then leave them alone...I've had 3 over the years...never had a problem...stay away from raccoons....Bryopsis responds to mag sulfate...might also consider a Kole tang...

Drmerle

Re: New tank new problems....

He wont stop picking on the acans.. He is eating everything but the majanos...

That is word for word what my source told me....said corals are easier for them to eat....and that is a problem with all butterflies.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

As Coralreefer mentioned they should be a great must have for any tank....although I agree with his outlook on this issue I must admit I just had some plain bad luck with mine. While I realize I may be the exception to the rule, (and as I researched the issue before placing the Klein’s Butterfly in my tank...everything tells me their diet calls for majano's or any small anemones, (unlike other Butterfly's) I am still amazed I had such bad luck with mine...yikes!

Oh well....live and learn.

BTW...thanks to grassi for the reminder on how to make a "homemade" fish trap! Worked great:-)