Gbta question!

KMiller

My gbta is in bad shape. His mouth has been open for about 2 weeks now. Although, he did eat a peice of shrimp, I'm concerned! What I'm thinking is, is that he isn't getting enough light. I have him approx 5" below the surface. The tank has 2 96w pc lights.

I'd move him to my reef tank but my cinnamon clown is hosted in it... And he's very agressive so I don't think he'd be a good candidate for my community tank... Agh any advice???

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is it on a rock right under the lights? has it moved arround to try and find a better spot? What are the water paramiters? Mine was like that for about a week, then one morning it was gone. I looked for it for almost a week then found half of it being eaten by a pencile urchant and the other half thriving on the back of one of my rocks, since then the little guy has moved up front so I can keep an eye on it. I do mean little it's the size of a nickel round and sitcks out about 3/4 inch, and has only like 5 bubble tenticals.

Re: Gbta question!

Is it on a rock right under the lights? has it moved arround to try and find a better spot? What are the water paramiters? Mine was like that for about a week' date=' then one morning it was gone. I looked for it for almost a week then found half of it being eaten by a pencile urchant and the other half thriving on the back of one of my rocks, since then the little guy has moved up front so I can keep an eye on it. I do mean little it's the size of a nickel round and sitcks out about 3/4 inch, and has only like 5 bubble tenticals.[/quote']

It's stayed where I put it on the tallest rock closet to the light. Parameters are 1.026, nitrate >5 nitrite 0 ph 8.4, ammonia 0

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If your nitrate is over 5, you should do something about that. For best anemone health, nitrate should be 0-1. Water changes, decrease feedings, increase skimmer, dose sugar/vinegar/vodka (read about this before you do it!!!). And then increase lights.

2x96w PC is not quite enough for a BTA in my oppinion. Especially if the bulbs are more than 6 months old. PC bulbs should be replaced every 6 months for optimum light output.

You should try to find a better home for your anemone until you can upgrade the lights and reduce your nitrates.

BTW, do you have a refugium with chaeto in it? If not, that would be another way to decrease the amount of nutrients in the tank. Even without a fuge, you can put chaeto in your display and it will still do the job. I would stick a big clump of chaeto back behind the rocks so it would not float around the tank. It worked just fine until I got a tang, now the chaeto is a snack for the tang too. :)

dsoz

dsoz