The second Member's Only zoa grow-out.

jgf86123

Ok, so, I figured I'd start the discussions now for the second grow-out, since so many people are wanting to do one that missed out on the last one. I did just find a really nice site that has some REALLY nice zoas, so I'll let you guys and gals peruse it and we'll go from there. The same rules apply, and remember, be prepared for the long run, since these things do usually take a while to do.

http://www.zoacollector.com/index.html

They have some of the NICEST PE's I've ever seen, let me know what you guys think, once we have an idea of who wants in and what-not, we'll go from there. We'll worry about growers and what-not once we get closer to the jumping off point.

Here are the rules concerning the growers:

Ok, here's the rule for the growers regarding updates:

1) All growers will give mandatory updates on the 1st and 15th of every month, updates will include pictures and polyp counts for each frag the grower is growing.

If you cannot keep up with the update schedule, please inform me and we will discuss what needs to be done, whether it is removing the zoas from your tank and putting them in one of the other grower's tank or whatnot.

You can update more frequently if you would like, especially if you get camera happy one night, we all love pictures. Or if you wake up one morning and theres 22 new polyps on the *insert name here* by all means, give us an update.

And that is all I have to say on this subject, it's very simple to snap a picture and write out a short post detailing what zoas you have, how many polyps, and here is said picture of said zoa.

Now, just in case of any of you guys arent aware of this, these things usually take 6 months, the frags will be divided up equally, with everyone getting an equal, or as close to it as possible, polyp count per frag. You will not be able to get your frags early, we will not be dividing the frags up until they are all ready, and once they are, we will get together at the next meeting, the meeting after they're all ready, and dividing them up there. If you cannot make the meeting, that is no problem, but, you will be responsible for the shipping cost to have them shipped to you, or make plans with whoever the growers are to pick them up at their respective places of residence.

Thanks all

Mick

Depends on the zoas for me. I only like a couple on that site.

I agree miles. Only a few on there that I think would be worth it. May be better off finding a better site to pick from. Maybe involve the local sponsors this time and see if they can get some nice rare stuff?

• Like 1

Re: The second Member's Only zoa grow-out.

Depends on the zoas for me. I only like a couple on that site.

I agree miles. Only a few on there that I think would be worth it. May be better off finding a better site to pick from. Maybe involve the local sponsors this time and see if they can get some nice rare stuff?

I haven't seen much locally, Jody has some nice stuff including Blue Hornets...

I agree with Impur and Snowpunk. I didn't see a lot of choices. I like the idea of going with someone locally. Reefboy if you are watching any thoughts?

• Like 1

Dude...I found the site...check this one out

http://www.uniquecorals.com/uccollection10/uccollection10softies?limit=all

I found like 15 or more that I like. click on where it says show 9 and say show all.

Blow pop

Emerald Sunrise

flaming mean greens

galaxy PE

Kings Hornets

PHE

Pink Elephants

PPRPE

Rasta

Red Beard

Rose Nebula

Sour Apples

The Shiznit

Triple Red

True GPE

Dude...I found the site...check this one out

http://www.uniquecorals.com/uccollection10/uccollection10softies?limit=all

I found like 10 or more that I like. click on where it says show 9 and say show all.

Blow pop

Emerald Sunrise

flaming mean greens

galaxy PE

Kings Hornets

PHE

Pink Elephants

PPRPE

Rasta

Red Beard

Rose Nebula

Sour Apples

The Shiznit

Triple Red

True GPE

+1 for Unique-the 1st site did not have a thing I was interested in-FWIW

I've gotten a few chalices from them-they have some good stuff-I'm on the fence but easily pushed over "the edge"-:D

As for the growers' date=' we're going to try and keep them local this time around, thanks for volunteering Jeremy, but, it's a LOT easier if the growers are local.[/quote']

I do agree with that only because if their is an issue it's easy to get the coral to the next person to watch over it. If shipping is involved it really limits the chance of life for the coral.

Ok, so far, we have the following members interested, we'll need a few more than this, but, I think we should be able to get this one rolling here soon:

jgf86123(Mick)

Emerald525(Kim)

Tanktop74(Beth) - grower volunteer

CA2OR(Eric) - grower volunteer

moto826(Jeremy) - tentative

sharoleb - tentative

Impur(Miles)

snowpunk(Brandon)

reefnjunkie(Brad)

Frank - tentative

Chief(Jay)

moovinfast - tentative

Randy-S(Randy) - pending paid membership - grower volunteer

h2odvl

Mr S(Roger)

jackaninny

KMiller

undrtakr_00

MissDeffiance

Alterego

mytshall(Mike) - wants Rastas bad lol

faithkjy - pending paid membership

We're gonna need a few more at least, but, you guys go through the different sites that have been posted, I haven't had a chance to look at em yet, I've been outside digging up a drainage field, but as soon as I'm done, I'll go through and give ya the ones I like, Eric's worked up a list for us to peruse from the Unique site, and we'll just go from there.

Thanks to all who have volunteered to be growers, we'll end up making our decision on that front once we decide which zoas to order.