friend or enemy??

tanktop74

Found a total of 4 of these guys on my dieing flower pot. (don't think they are the cause of my flower pot death.)

Are they a new snail that has hatched? or hermit (do they even bread??)

Do they hurt zoas?? I have a 3 frags of zoas that have gone south the last few days, two that I fraged and one that we have had for a while...

DSC04592.jpg

newest picture...

DSC04599.jpg

What ya think?

TIA

• Like 1

OK... took a few out of the tank and got some better pictures of them attached to the side of a rubbermaid container.... No doubt in my mind now that they are some kind of snail...

DSC04599.jpg

Should I not worry about them? Tons of those little eggs on the glass, ok for me to scrap them off?

TIA for the advice!!

Beth

IMO, those snails kinda look like baby stomatella snails. Hard to tell. Do they move fairly fast for a snail? If they do, they are stomatella. Good for the tank and wont bother anything! HTH

-Dave

not stomatella. The shell is more pronounced and it has a twist to it. They look a little like nassarius snails, but they usually don't crawl over dead corals. They don't look like collonasta (look like baby turbos).

What other kind of snails do you have in your tank? Nerite, trochus, etc.?

dsoz