Finally!!

Smann

I've had two sets of tank raised Clowns that would not go near an Anemone, the first pair gotten eaten by my Spotted Grouper (flame) (along with a few Cleaner Shrimp) he has since been trapped and moved to a new home. I had a pair in my garage tanks that I put in my fuge until the Grouper was gone and two weeks ago moved them into my main tank.

When I got home today one was hosting, the other is close!!

clownnem2.jpg

"Come on in, this is great!"

clownnem.jpg

Almost but not quite yet

clownnem3.jpg

They are not smart :-) My first success was with a cinammon on a RBTA. The other 2' date=' who never host, then started hosting on GPS, torch, hammer... everywhere[/quote']

I wonder if it is the tank raised ones, I have had only one, a Clarke Clown, from the wild that took right to any Anemone in the tank right from the start when it was a baby. Maybe Dave (Barelycuda) knows some info on this, then we could change their names to something more politically correct.......

I am soooooo lucky. I saw 2 tiny saddle backs, had to have them. Of course I thought they needed a home. So I also picked out an anemone. With in 15 min. hosting! I then saw threads on "how to get them to host"

One of my best, easiest, dumb luck moves in this hobby!

Beckie

I wonder if it is the tank raised ones,

then we could change their names to something more politically correct.......

No, I have had Dave's clowns (oscilaris) host. They were almost instantly attracted to a Ritteri (Herteractus magnifica) anemone, they were happily hosting within 5 minutes or less. But a Ritteri anemone is a natural host for that species of clowns. The Ritteri is gone (RIP), but the same clown is now happy in a RBTA.

I have also had success (took a lot longer, but it did happen) with Dave's clowns hosting a frogspawn coral in my other tank. They don't go into the hammer or torch corals, just one particular head of frogspawn. But then the clowns will swim through the branches even when the tentacles are retracted for the night.

I still say that they deserve the name "stupid clowns"!!!! The other name that I have for them is that they are the Labs of the sea (after my yellow lab dog). becuase every time they see me they come to the surface and wag their tails hoping that I will put some food into the tank. I can be sitting across the room in a chair and watch them swim around the tank minding their own business, but as soon as I stand up they are in the front, right corner (where I put in the food) begging for supper.

dsoz