Green Bubble Tip Anemone

KMiller

I just purchased a Green BTA at Aqua today ( i know, I know..) and when I first put it in it was nice and big and full and fat and after about 7 hrs it shriveled up and now the tentacles are hanging flat as a board (as if it was expelling it's water) and some brown stringy stuff came out of it (poop? zooxanthellae?). It has been like that for about an hr and a half..

Is this normal for acclimation? I dripped it for about 2 hrs to acclimate it, and put it on a low rock, so the light wouldn't "shock" it.

My params are;

Temp 78

PH 8.2/4ish

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0-5ish

and I am looking for my dKH instructions so I can do that test, and am getting ready to perform the calcium test..

Any ideas?

Re: Green Bubble Tip Anemone

they do that...some times several times a day....I wouldnt worry. Do youj have clowns? That "brown" stuff is most likely poo....you will see that often too if it eats well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am sure they will....mine usually took to it rather fast. Especially after moving tanks...they would search for it. With the one's I am getting rid of...their anemone died so they have been hosting my Duncan's...which as of late haven't been very happy about it. I will get new clowns when I get another anemone which will be when I get more rock....and so on.

My green nem does that a couple times a day, my RBTA a coupel times a week. Same tank, just different nems.

My percs host in an RBTA and a frogspawn. I got the GBTA for the other clown, but he likes the euphylia so he hasn't gone near it.

Hard to tell what clowns will take a fancy to. Mine have hosted in xenia, frogspawns, hammers, sacrophyton leathers, and now an RBTA. THis is all in the same tank, they seldom keep a home for more then 6 months.

JMO+E

Some clowns I have had takes months to go into anemones I have noticed. Specialy if they were tank bread. They have to get their slime coat up to the sting of the anemone. Some I have seen will always ingnore the anemone completely and find your favorite coral to house in. why no one knows. Got to love em though.