Coral Eating Crab

Kevman

Have any of you found one of these? I spotted this guy picking on my Pink MilliPora the other night and didnt know where it came from(scratch), or if it was cleaning or eating my Milli. I noticed tonight that one of the tips of the milli was bald and white, just the tip(flame). So I did some searching on the web and sure enough, others had the same problem. So I pulled him off the Milli, which was not easy!!!

Ive heard of others banishing to the sump. Is this a good idea? Anybody want this little guy?

post-6038-141867781059_thumb.jpg

Can you take a picture of the coral. i've had a problem recently where some of sps have looked like they got scalped didn't know what was going on. How did you catch him?

Well I tried to just stick him with a toothpick(nutty). Then I was getting pissed, so I had just mounted the coral with superglue about 2 months ago, so I broke it at the glue and put him in a tupperware bowl of Salt water, and picked him off...Sorry know easy answere to that question.

He is pretty small and mimics a symbiotic host so at first I didnt even notice him. I dont even know how long he has been in there.

Anyways Im glad he's out.

I just bought these corals a couple months so, if you have too, they may be coming in from somewhere. like a batch of corals.\best found under Actinic as there eyes glow greenish blue..

I will try and get a pick, but my camera Batt, is dead. I will later or in the morning, so you know what Im talking about..