Portland/North Reef Stores?

Algae

A couple/few of us are going to be taking a road trip on Sunday and a few of us have never visited shops north of Salem. I know that I could look in vendor feedback, but oftentime there is little detail.

All that I ask is that you be positive and not say why you dislike another shop(s), but only why you like these two shops.

The question is :

If you had time visit only two shops north of Salem; which reef stores would you go to, and why?"

Again, let's be nice to everybody and just say positive things. :D

Depends... for corals I'd say Upscales and Rose City. For fish selection, I'd say SWF and Rose City (and schedule your visit to line up with shipments, fish seem to get cherry-picked really fast...)

You should check out Isaac's new shop for corals in Sellwood area (Coral mafia , TMC , TCM or whatever. Reminds me of the Premium Aquarium and you have to call ahead), nice guy, great prices and cute dog! Tim at Westside also has great corals.

I like Seahorse for fish. I have never had any problems with fish from there. Had one pair of baby hippo tangs that died 2 weeks later and he gave us a replacement at half price. Otherwise have not had any die.

They are all great shops with nice product and friendly people! Its taken 3 trips from Eugene to see them all and well worth it. Hit as many as you can,leave early so you are at the doorstep of the earliest one that opens and just map quest a route allowing 1hr. For each stop with 1/2 hr between for driving. You will blow your estimated route and be late to the meeting anyway! Have fun!