RotoZippity Do-Dah?

Algae

Hey Charles, that is sweet! How is the Bean Animal working for ya?

Think I got some more questions but I'll see if you got a build thread and gotta help my daughter with homework now. So I'll bug you later?

You'll need 19" to get that bean animal OF with about 1/2" clearence on either side with the pipes lined up in a row, like mine.

rear-tank-stand.jpg

have fun, don't forget a lot of water for cooling

Back again,

So Charles, Your Bean Animal is 1 1/2" on full siphon, emergency, and trickle going into a 1 1/2" bulkheads and I assume a 1 1/2" pipe into sump, correct?

Sump return is 1"?

Closed loop is dual 2" intake and 3/4" or 1" return?

Hows it all working?

Back again,

So Charles, Your Bean Animal is 1 1/2" on full siphon, emergency, and trickle going into a 1 1/2" bulkheads and I assume a 1 1/2" pipe into sump, correct?

That is correct, all 1 1/2" flex PVC. I really like the bean animal OF, the ball valve is only partial open that's because I'm using a mag 9.5 for the return, you can use a bigger pump and it'll handle it. It's set so when I do a major WC and shut all the pumps down, drain and refill it and just start the pumps back. There is an initial "rush" of water if I fill it too high, then it balances out on it's own. It's quiet even with an external OF (overflow) the water is cascading down the back for about a 4-5" drop.

Sump return is 1"? Yep

Closed loop is dual 2" intake and 3/4" or 1" return? 1" returns using a Sequence 3800 - the older model before the named pumps, the screen are 6" in dia, pretty big but won't clog up.

Hows it all working?

Working great - lot's of flow for a 36" x 24" x 24" before the vacation mishap, the SPS were growing like weeds full polyp extension, The Oregon Tort grew pretty fast for me, the frog spawn doesn't like it still the orginial 2 heads and not fully extended. The Acan's liked it sitting on the bottom in the flow, the lights I switched back to the 14k Phoenix's got some Ushio's 20k's to try - looked the same to me but a par meter would have been nice to have measured it with.

Thanks Miles, I'm in the experimental stage now.

Just got the RotoZip delivered yesterday and started praticing cuts in scrap glass (well, it's scrap now). The Oceanic is pretty thick glass, which is good. I'm gonna use a guide/straightedge for the main cut and try to freehand an "S" curve into it from the top.

Because it is a long (16") cut I am concerned about supporting a 16" X 7/8" piece. I suppose that every 4" or so I could dry off the glass and attach duct tape. That would mean re-entering the bit into the existing cut which gives me caution.

Nyles has a rotozip.

You gonna want any help Franklin? I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Miles,

You mean without support for the waste glass piece? I just decieded that I will make a wooden template for the whole thing. I could sandwich a piece of wood under the glass to support it as long as I set the Rotozip fence shallow enough not to kick up to much wood debris.