Wanted Cat5 Installer

moovinfast

So it turns out I need to run a cat5 line from my computer room to the basement. Wireless won't cut it for the popcorn hour. Trying to snake it through walls to the basement might not work. If it wont, I was thinking of just running it outside the house along side the Comcast cable to the other room. My friend said he had an extra spool of cat 5 cable from when his store closed. Anyone have the tools needed and want to help?

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party I know but you want to be careful running that cable outside. Unless the cable is rated for outdoor use it might last 2-3 years before breaking up due to temp and UV even though most CAT5 has a PVC jacket it's a pretty thin one. Avoid a location that would also expose it to any foot traffic.

Can I pick up the crimper at the meeting Stylaster? I have 1000ft of cable and just picked up the ends. Gonna run it on the outside of the house I think. If it lasts 2-3 years, thats probably good enough for me. I can just re-run it again. Might run a line through the walls later to the bedroom. I could do that one through the walls and attic. Havent decided if we really need one there yet.