Quick question about di resin

Jay

Ok so I have this addon di unit that goes after my ro filter. It has 2 big cartridge chambers that get refilled when the resin expires. Question is...if the built on tds meter says zero but the resin has changed from blue to brown does it still need changed? Where do you buy the best resin? I had got mine from h20 science user on ebay where I bought the unit.

Can the resin be recharged by bakeing in the oven(naughty)? Its 40 bucks for 5 pounds of resin and I really would rather pay a bill then buy this stuff DOH!

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks

Jay

It can be recharged, but not by baking it (that is for aluminum oxide phosphate removing media).

You need to separate the cation and anion resin, then you treat one of them with strong, concentrated acid (hydrochloric AKA muriatic), and the other with strong, concentrated base (sodium hydroxide AKA lye).

There is a link to a good tutorial on recharging DI resin somewhere on here... Let me look.

dsoz

Found it.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8649&highlight=recharge+DI

Whatever you do Jay' date=' don't smoke it, it's the wrong kind of resin.[/quote']

I dont smoke resin anymore. Only the ichystickystinky (drooler) er... uh.... I dont smoke anymore. Not in years actually(whistle). And here is my stats for quiting cigarettes. I have software that keeps track of the stats for me. It sure feels good not to smoke.

Jay

I have been quit for 3 Months, 17 hours, 35 minutes and 38 seconds (92 days). I have saved $838.76 by not smoking 2,503 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 1 Day, 16 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/28/2009 2:00 PM

For those who wish to quit cold turkey I have a really good way to do it without any crutches like gum or e-cigs or patches. Its free and all you have to do is read the free book which is in .pdf format ( I only had to read 15 pages and that was enough to convince me) You do have to want to quit for this to work. I feel so much better.

Let me know if I can help anyone. I have helped about 4 people quit in 3 months

Jay

if you do go buy more, I'll take your old. I would like to try the recharge process before having to do it on my own.

I will save it for you. I have to figure out the best deal on resin. Who has the best? Best price? Should I buy from a sponsor this time?

Jay