posting pictures

Mr S

How do you post pictures on the thread that are already full size instead of the little ones that you have to open, but still stay small? Please be detailed when you explain the steps since my computer skills are just enough to be dangerous!!!

How do you post pictures on the thread that are already full size instead of the little ones that you have to open' date=' but still stay small? Please be detailed when you explain the steps since my computer skills are just enough to be dangerous!!![/quote']

Hey, wasn't this covered during the photography education meeting... in your classroom. Andy covered photo editing and using photobucket, I believe. DOH!

Something tells me you were not paying attention in class. :eek:

Just kiddin'

Jay

I use Flickr. It is a free picture hosting service (you can pay for premium stuff, much like this site)

You asked for details, so here goes:

Step 1: Setup a Flick account. You need a Yahoo username/password to do this. http://www.flickr.com/

Step 2: Upload your photos. Click on the "Upload your photos & video" button in the upper right corner.

Step 3: Once you see you photos, click on one.

Step 4: On the page that appears with the clicked photo, click on "All Sizes" in the center, right above your photo.

Step 5: Click on "Medium" for the size. (IMO Large is just too large for this site)

Step 6: Scroll down until you see this: "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

Step 7: Copy the URL that fills the box under "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

Step 8: Go back to PNWMAS and on the "Post a new thread" window, click on the small image icon above the text window (looks like a mountain and sun).

Step 9: Paste that URL into the box that appears, then click OK.

Step 10: Repeat until complete.

Step 11: Click "Preview Post" to make sure you got what you want.

Step 12: When satisfied, click "Submit New Thread"

Hope this helps.

-Scott

WOW that was alot of reading-flickr or what ever it was-no offense -dont get angry

quick summary for photobucket;

Click button that says upload, next window click "save"

brings you back to the 1st window, hold mouse pointer over image that drops down 4 choices, right click "copy" on the one that says "IMG"

paste into thread

done

for pics of this size;

P1100287.jpg

WOW that was alot of reading-flickr or what ever it was-no offense -dont get angry

quick summary for photobucket;

Click button that says upload, next window click "save"

brings you back to the 1st window, hold mouse pointer over image that drops down 4 choices, right click "copy" on the one that says "IMG"

paste into thread

done

for pics of this size;

P1100287.jpg

Just to make things clear for me. Do I copy & paste it into the thread or use the "manage attachments" option when your posting a thread?