wtb Tank

TankIt

I need a bigger tank for my hedgehog. I do not care if it is pretty and it doesn't have to have good seals since it won't have to hold water. I have him in a 20 long right now and would like something bigger. prefer 55 tank glass or acrylic either 1. It could be a large rodent cage for like ferrets also. Have cash and/or coral for trade.

e-mail me at

amanda@portlandtorque.com

Also still haven't had time to pickup a light for my fuge and its starting to suffer.

Thanks,

Amanda

to all replys

I will try to get some pics of him tonight.

They get to ba about the size of guinie pigs

As we all know how many people buy pets without first doing research. Exotic animals even as misunderstood as a hedgehog need specialized care.

They kept him in a plastic tub with cat litter for go knows how long. He is full grown and I have no idea how old he actually is, nor do I care. He was very under weight, cold and sick when I got him. His ears were rotted off from living in the wet catlitter for so long in the amonnia.

I have had him for about 1.5yrs now and he has changed dramatically. It was very tough touch and go for almost a month. He battled with resperitory infections and being handled. He was wild when I got him, you couldn't pick him up without getting stabbed. He even slept in my bed with me a few nights under the covers cause he was so cold and weak.....(nutty)

Hedgehogs really are very amazing social creatures with proper care and nutrition they can make wonderful pets....

I now have Hedgy as he is named so calm I took him to my daughters preschool class this last fall for sharingDOH! 15 little 5 year olds and a hedgehog what a mix. But he did amazing and not 1 single kid got poked at all by his quills!(clap).

Anyway to end this story now that is healthy and moving around I want to upgrade his digs....Litteraly:D I am doing something nobody else does with their hedgehogs..... Giving him a natural earth to dig in, for bugs that is. I want him to have more room to move around and a bigger tank to do deeper dirt for him to borrow in.

Anyway, I may have a 55 gallon but I thank everyone for their posts. They are all a little more than I was looking for. I am hoping for a tank around $50 that is not quite as large as 125.......

Thanks,

Amanda