need input from computer tech people....

mister crabs

IMO they don't multitask nearly as well as the Intel's....plus they catch on fire if the cpu fan stops spinning or the heat sink is removed for any reason

rofl

My opinion is this....Intel=Nike...AMD=Reebok, everything else is PUMA's or any other "Payless" brand. AMD emulates Intel

Hey Eric' date=' do you see any lag or stuttering on the videos being played off an external HD connected via USB? My biggest concern, and why i've been looking at NAS drives, is the limited bandwidth of USB.[/quote']

Alot has to do with transfer rate of the USB that you are usingDOH!, either 1.0 or 2.0....makes a difference there, also the speed of the drive could have something to do with it too.DOH! My first questions would be regarding what USB, then what CPU, how much RAM, what app are you using to watch movies?

IMO they don't multitask nearly as well as the Intel's....plus they catch on fire if the cpu fan stops spinning or the heat sink is removed for any reason

rofl

My opinion is this....Intel=Nike...AMD=Reebok, everything else is PUMA's or any other "Payless" brand. AMD emulates Intel

Alot has to do with transfer rate of the USB that you are usingDOH!, either 1.0 or 2.0....makes a difference there, also the speed of the drive could have something to do with it too.DOH! My first questions would be regarding what USB, then what CPU, how much RAM, what app are you using to watch movies?

okay, lets get serious, Reebok is actually sold at Payless. Puma and Adidas are both just behind Nike and not sold at payless.(laugh) And see to each his own. Eric is still under a false assumption that intel is better(nutty)(laugh)