green clown goby dead

jgf86123

well, i just found my green clown goby dead on the sandbed. ive had him for roughly 3 weeks now, but have never seen him out in the open except at night, and ive never seen him eat. im assuming he died of starvation, although, at the time of death, he was very pale and had a reddish tint to him. is that something i should be alarmed about?

my parameters are:

PH-8.4

ammonia-0

nitrite-0

nitrate-0

when i would see him at night, he almost looked like a ghost, cause he was so white under my led flashlight.

any help or advice, since we are planning on adding another one, would be most appreciated.

thanks

thanks impur, im wanting to give another one a try, cause, well, my gf loves the lil guys, im hoping to find out if theres anything, any kind of special food i need or what, for these guys. ive got to make a run to one of the asian fish markets and pick up stuff to make my own food, but for now im using a frozen concoction i picked up from nick that both my corals and fish love, and then ive got some hikari marine 2 pellets that both my bar goby and melanarus seem to absolutely go nuts over, which is a huge plus in my book for keeping a food.

if anyone has any kind of recipes for homemade food that will work for both corals and fish, please, either post it here or pm me with it, im willing to try anything that will keep my fish nice and healthy and viable members of my mini reef.

thanks all

thanks impur, im wanting to give another one a try, cause, well, my gf loves the lil guys, im hoping to find out if theres anything, any kind of special food i need or what, for these guys. ive got to make a run to one of the asian fish markets and pick up stuff to make my own food, but for now im using a frozen concoction i picked up from nick that both my corals and fish love, and then ive got some hikari marine 2 pellets that both my bar goby and melanarus seem to absolutely go nuts over, which is a huge plus in my book for keeping a food.

if anyone has any kind of recipes for homemade food that will work for both corals and fish, please, either post it here or pm me with it, im willing to try anything that will keep my fish nice and healthy and viable members of my mini reef.

thanks all

There's a thread where we discussed the homemade food to some extent awhile back. If you can find it I tried to list all of the items mentioned as potential ingredients for homemade food along with making up a batch and listing the ones I chose. My fish love it, are healthy, and I am still feeding it to them. I do not use it alone though as the Lionfish and Eel have almost no interest in it. (The Eel would but he isn't really able to eat it as the pieces are too small) To make sure they get food I feed them meaty stuff (Krill, raw shrimp, oysters, etc.) at the same time. The tang and trigger get some of this meaty stuff as well and several of the other pick at it too.

I still have my green clown after finding him in my filter sock a couple times. Moved him out in the frag tank and seems to be doing well. I have had him for about 6 or 8 months now and never seen him eat in the DT, but he is a vicious little eater now that he is in a small tank with one other fish.

I had a pair of green and yellow clown gobies for about a year or so a few years back. They did well but the green ones didn't eat when i first got them. The yellow ones ate the first day i got them. I fed a mix of daphnia, cyclopeze, mysis and brine. They first ate the cyclopeze and daphnia then after a few weeks they would even eat the mysis or brine.

They are great fish with great personalities but when I upgraded to a bigger tank they disappeared in transition.